TopGeek

WDM or video capture driver for EDVX425

I've a project where the capture card is a the digivue EDV XV425 (with Xview techonlogy! hahahaha whatever that means).

The software that comes with this thing is a joke.. I wrote better software as a teenager goofing around.

Anyone know what chipset is on this thing or where I can find some drivers for it so I can use some better software? Its not a big money solution so I don't want to waste a lot of time on it.. but was hoping someone knew something.

cheers,

Edward

I believe you can use Connexant drivers with it .. i had the card sitting here before and if i remember the Bt878 drivers worked .. but it needs and Intel Chipset or you will get errors ..

use BTSpy, then install the btdrivers and use the text file saved from Btspy .. but you need the program software running when you use btspy so it gets all the commands. Then once it works and has all the channels working (can test that with AmCap or VidCap), then you should be able to use any of the generic software out there, even LuxRiot.

Rory

I tried the conexants BtPCI driver to no avail...

tried running BTSpy and it couldn't find a btxxx card.

Any other ideas?

Okay, dont know if you did it right, but here is the exact way to try it, then if it doesnt work, dont know what to do after that.

1-Use existing DVR Card Drivers and Software that came with the Card.

2-Run the Original DVR Card Software.

3-Run BTSpy

4-Tell BTSpy how many channels the card has when it asks

5-When BTSpy asks for you to open Channel 1, Channel 2, etc, for each one it asks for, click on the camera channel in full screen within the Origirnal DVR software, so it can get the commands for each channel.

6-Do that for each channel it asks for, one at a time, basically follow the instructions on when to open the particular channel.

7-BTSpy saves a text file.

8-Uninstall the Original DVR card DRIVERS - right click unintsall in Device Manager - dont restart the PC

9-Run the Bt878 driver setup

10-Choose Custom Card

11-Select Configuration from BTspy file, select the saved text file

12-Check the Deveice Manager - if it doesnt have the same amount of drivers as the Original Drivers, run the Bt878 driver setup again, select that same text file, check the Device manager again. If you see an Exclamation or question mark next to any of the new drivers, uninstall it.

13-Try VidCam or AmCap and see if the card is recognised, see if all the channels appear - DO NOT USE THE ORIGINAL SOFTWARE

14-You may need to play with installing the Bt878 again to get the other channels, and uninstall anything with an error icon next to it.

15-Once the channels work in VidCap or AmCap, then you should be able to use any generic software.

Im not sure if this works with anything over 4 channels.

Rory

Thanks for typing all that rory... I guess all I conclude is it isn't a bt chipset on the digivue boards.

I had tried before and just tried it again.. I fire up the digivue software and have the camera live on screen.

I run bt spy and instantly get "BT SPY CANNONT ACCESS THE BT8XX REGISTERS ... ABORTING!!"

I have an ati all in wonder 9700 in the machine - but I have all the ati wdm drivers disabled.

cheers,

Edward

oh well, tried

least you know how to do it for other cards

works with Geo GV-250 btw ..

rory

What are the odds anyone has heard of some Jungo based capture drivers??

I've been doing some research.. the Digivue comes with its "Digivue Video Capture Card 11-04" and "new" drivers.. and also installs "JUNGO" device which underneath has "WinDriver".

Hunting around for "Windriver" and or "jungo" it looks like its a device driver language that pretty much any putz can learn in an afternoon - and judging by the quality of this Elyssa crap software and the corresponding manual - that's about how much work they put into it.

I'm not just venting either.. there should be a law against releasing crap like this. For example, the most complicated menu in the entire software package is the alarm menu (apparently there is a way to trigger cameras with external alarms) - the ENTIRE contents of the manual (which came on disk - not on paper) for the ALARM MENU: "Select the camera and the correspdonding input that will trigger the camera to record".

That is ALL the manual says. There are 30+ options/toggles on that menu. Perhaps it lost something in the translation

I'm going to send this card to Elyssa's head office with a "stick it up your ass' post it note on the board.

cheers,

Edward

(p.s. perhaps it irks me so much because my degree is in systems design engineering? .. Even though I haven't worked in that field in 15 years)

Probably just the name they gave them, same with Eclipse PC card drivers, they had a wired name too, they all name them .. what to do is find the actual driver file, and get the properties of it and see what the file name is .. also look on the chip, what name does it say, and is it only 1 chip ..