m00se

PC-NVR (SmartPSS) Disk Allocation limit

Hey Guys,

this is really bothering me. I've previously used Dahua cameras and their older "General PSS" software to manage and record many terabytes of video.

I've recently tried upgrading to their SmartPSS software which comes with PC-NVR to manage recording to disk. The problem is, in the "Disk Management" section, I am unable to allocate more than 200g for any given disk. This is absurd, because I have multiple 2tb disks and am unable to utilize more than 10% of the space.

I've tried contacting Dahua support a few times to no avail. Anyone else run into this issue or have any ideas?

Thanks,

Carl

DiskManagementAllocation.PNG.3caef63d861242d1633653780b13191e.PNG

Hey m00se,

I'm experiencing the same issue as you. I'm currently talking to tech support about it and hopefully they will get back to me soon. In the mean time, I was curious if you found any solution to this issue? I'll post my findings as soon as I can.

Jordan

Hey m00se,

FYI.

Hello Jordan,

I did some testing and was able to allocate the entire disk using an older version of SmartPSS. This might work. The other solution is to partition that hard drive into multiple 200GB partitions, and then allocate each of them accordingly. Please feel free to give me a call if you have any questions.

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/download/General_Smart-PSS_Eng_IS_V1.10.1.R.20140515.zip

Regards,

Dahua USA

JP Wenger

Technical Support Engineer

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Jordan

Thank god! I thought I was going crazy as I couldn't find any other references to this issue on the net.

Thanks for the forward. Funny he mentioned partitioning the hard disks into 200gig segments. I've done this on my smaller PC NVR which has a few terabytes of space. The main issue with this solution is you are limited by the number of drive letters you can assign. The software does not appear to recognize non-drive letter partitions types such as mounted folders.

I think I will install the older version of SmartPSS from 2014 until a fix is released. I'm not sure if a fix will arrive soon. I've submitted a support request to LinoVision (authors of PC-NVR - http://linovision.com/index.php/smart-pss.html) but have not received a response....

Thanks again..

Carl.

Partitions.PNG.f3f6afaebe7e4eaeb322c1f7f5c53234.PNG