sneg_mike

Best Cameras for Dvr specs

Hey guys

I'm new here, first post ! New to the cctv world

I'm currently building my dream home, and have about 1.5/2 weeks to run any cables before plaster goes on.

DVR Specification:

Operating System LINUX operating system

Image Code Control H.264

Dual Stream Every channel can set

Video Standard PAL/NTSC

Monitoring Image Quality D1(704x576)

Image Dynamic Detection Each screen can detect 396(22x18)detection areas and set 6-level sensitivity

Playback Image Quality PAL: 2ch D1 (704 x 576) 50fps + 6ch CIF(352 x 288) 150fps

NTSC: 2ch D1 (720 x 480) 60fps + 6ch CIF(360 x 240) 180fps

Region Cover Every channel can set 4 cover regions

Record Mode Support manual, auto, dynamic detection, alarm trigger

Recording Playback Support 1ch to 8ch playback Simultaneously

Video Bit Rate 48Kbps-2048Kbps, support user-defined, MAX 2048Kbps

Bit Stream Type Composite stream/video stream

Audio Compression Standard G.711A

Audio Bit Rate 64kbps

Backup Way Support HDD, U disk, SD card, USB mobile HDD, USB burner, network storage and backup

Operation Way Mouse, remote control, front panel button, keyboard controller

Local Login User name and password

Recording Storage Local HDD, SD card, network

Video Input 8ch BNC

Audio Input 4ch RCA

Voice Talkback Input 1 RCA port, the same channel as the first channel of the audio input

Video Output 2ch BNC, 1ch VGA (Resolution: 800x600, 1024x768,1280x1024),

1ch HDMI

Audio Output 1ch RCA

Network Port 1 RJ45, 10M/100M self-adaptive LAN port

RS485 Port Full duplex standard 485 port, support 19 kinds PTZ protocol

USB Port 2 USB 2.0 ports (one is on the front panel, the other one is on the rear panel)

Alarm Input 8ch

Alarm Output 1ch

HDMI Port 1 standard HDMI port

Wireless Port 3G, WIFI Via USB (3G, WiFi Moudle Not Include)

HDD Port 2 SATA HDD ports

Max Capacity Every port MAX supports 2TB HDD

Mobile Surveillance Support( iPhone, Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, Symbian, Android) 3G mobile phones

Power Supply 12V 2.6A

Consumption <=20W (without HDD)

Operation Temperature -10 degree C to +55 degree C

Operation Humidity 10% to 90%

Dimension Equipment 315mmx225mmx52 mm, Packing: 409mmx365mmx129mm

Weight(without HDD) N.W.1.45Kg, with packing 2.76Kg

Carton Size 675mmx425mmx385mm; Weight: 14.88 Kg;

Installation Way Desktop installation

Im looking for help with some Dome Cameras could you guys please help me out

this is what I had in mind

http://www.cctvdiscover.com/cctv-cameras-dome-cameras-c14_16/550tvl-sony-super-had-ccd-dome-camera-p36.html

OR

http://www.cctvdiscover.com/cctv-cameras-dome-cameras-c14_16/600tvl-sony-ccd-dome-camera-11mm-lens-p38.html

Which do you guys think would be the better buy ? I need 5

and Im looking at a PTZ too for around under $300

Thanks

There are a couple of questions your leaving unanswered here. The lighting conditions for where your placing the cameras, amount of area your trying to see, etc... I wouldn't worry about a PTZ, and you won't get a decent one that will last any amount of time for $300.00, IMO. Since you didn't list the brand name of the DVR, I'm assuming it's a knock off. Since this is your dream home, why skimp on the security system?

To answer your question, I would go with the second camera you listed as a general rule because it has a higher SN ratio which would translate into a clearer picture.

And since your running new cable from scratch, be sure to use Cat 5 w/ baluhns so that in the future when your ready to upgrade, you can switch over to IP system without the hassle of pulling new cable.

David

There are a couple of questions your leaving unanswered here. The lighting conditions for where your placing the cameras, amount of area your trying to see, etc... I wouldn't worry about a PTZ, and you won't get a decent one that will last any amount of time for $300.00, IMO. Since you didn't list the brand name of the DVR, I'm assuming it's a knock off. Since this is your dream home, why skimp on the security system?

To answer your question, I would go with the second camera you listed as a general rule because it has a higher SN ratio which would translate into a clearer picture.

And since your running new cable from scratch, be sure to use Cat 5 w/ baluhns so that in the future when your ready to upgrade, you can switch over to IP system without the hassle of pulling new cable.

David

Hey David

Lol yes its a ebay DvR is the only one I could find that was a 8 Chan with hdmi that would ship to Australia

I will go to the house tonight and take some photos and measurements and post them up

thanks

mike

David

ok I'm not sure how to post some pics *help anyone*

but the lighting conditions: Well its going to be an outdoor set up, so your usual Day / night /sunny rain ect

Its a double story house

2 cams either side of the house Approximately 12 meters apart 3.4meters high looking on to a 25 meter front yard

1 in the front entry way, 2.8 high 1.8 width long or area to cover

1 at the back of garage 2.4 high looking on a 6 m area

2 at the back of the house approximately 12 meters apart 3.4 high looking on to a 20 meter back yard

thanks

mike.

David

Hello David

When you say Cat 5 with baluhns, I did look in to this, but is there really any advantage in doing so on a small cctv home system?

David

Hello David

When you say Cat 5 with baluhns, I did look in to this, but is there really any advantage in doing so on a small cctv home system?

Size of the system is irrelevant; there are plenty of advantages:

The cable is cheaper.

The cable is easier to work with.

You only need the one cable (vs. power and video cables with coax).

Upgrading to IP cameras later is easy.

In a pinch, you can run two cameras with power on one cable (not always recommended, but nice to have sometimes).

Baluns cost a bit more than BNC connectors, but as you get into longer runs, the difference in cable cost means the total cost starts to even out... and of course, if you want to swap in an IP camera later, the cost of IP-over-coax adapters is a LOT higher).