Kevin L

Picture problems with outdoor IP camera

Happy New Year, all!

I have a number of IQEye cameras in Pelco housings outdoors. One of the cams, an IQ-711, has developed picture quality issues. I haven't been able to correct this. I've attached how the quality used to be, and a snapshot from this morning. Thanks for looking and for any advice.

Kevin

509075987_Camera-DockIQ711GoodImage.jpg.7d276bc3cbc1ecd009d7774b49ddb95c.jpg

1351631348_Camera-DockIQ711ImageProblem.jpg.ab32ec1af9b57a00c52e39c3f12c784a.jpg

Almost looks like the color depth has dropped to around 12-bit color or less. Silly question, have you tried rebooting or power-cycling the camera?

That's exactly what it's like, Matt, as if the color depth changed. But I can't find any setting for that.

Silly answer to your question, no, I hadn't thought of rebooting. I just did it, though, and it didn't change it. I'm not at home now, so I can't cycle the power. I'll have to do it later.

Thanks for the suggestion,

Kevin

Check the "quality" setting? Could be affecting the compression level... on my IQ511 it's on the "image" tab in the settings. Dropping it medium here doesn't cause that result, but it might be different on the 711.

All my IQEye cams are set to superfine. Changed it to another setting, then changed it back, no change. Also updated to the latest firmware: IQeye711 Version V3.0/8(100702). No help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Could be a failing sensor, if it's not a setting... but try a power cycle first (give it 30s or so before powering back up).

One other thought, I wonder if the sensor is overheating? Maybe try powering the camera down for several minutes and see if it clears up, at least initially.

I will try that, Matt. I do have another 711 I could install there, but it's a PITA to get to the housing. If the power cycle/cooling doesn't help, I guess I'll have to swap the cam to see if it could be a problem with the cam or the cabling.

Thanks for your help,

Kevin