Sign in to follow this  
rory

Review - Powertellecomm 4 ch DVR

REVIEW IS BASED ON DEALER PURCHASE FOB CALIFORNIA USA.

Well have to say of all the 4 channel STAND ALONE LAN DVRs I have used to date, this is the best value for money. And remember, this is from someone that has to pay twice on shipping, plus 45% customs import tax on DVRs (note country of location). I have tested and used several low cost Stand Alone DVRs over the past couple years, and higher end Stand Alones.

I mean it is low priced, 1/2 that of the regular distributors selling products like HiSharp, Provideo, ActiveTek, etc.

1-First off, the most important for me, I could NOT crash the DVR playing back recorded video, over the LAN or WAN.

2-Secondly, using the Network software, you can record or create a snapshot of video to your local drive.

3-It records each image seperately, or in quad mode, and playback is in near real time on all cameras. You have the option of various record speeds and you can enable/disable cameras of your choice. With4 cameras connected, it is 8pps per cam, which is great. If only 2 cameras are connected then it is 15pps, which looks like real time motion.

4-It uses MJpeg compression. Flow of recorded video is smooth, and great quality. You can change the quality of recording, from high to low. Compared to other DVRs at entry level, this quality is as good, or better.

5-You can add/upgrade your own hard drive.

6-You can set up record schedules.

7-You can set up alarm sensors.

8-1 input audio, using the audio in and out, you can actually do video/audio conferencing, if you wanted.

9-Simple menu programming and front panel navigation, illiminates unneccassary time normally spent showing the user how to control the DVR. It is as simple as 123...a VCR could not be simpler, nor could it come close to what this DVR can do.

10-Network software, gives you full network stats, and configuration of the DVR menu programming.

11-Setting it up on a router is also simple.

12-It is a very neat looking DVR, and it has a professional feeling to it.

13-Lastly, it is made in Korea.

i will try to be as unbiased as I can.. I am comparing it with DVRs twice and 3 times the price.. and as you can clearly see the PROs out number the CONs, especially when you look at some of the cons. The most important PRO is the price.

PROS::

----------------

neat looking DVR

compact case

removeble HDD

simple to use

search time/date/sensor

good quality live & playback

network lan/wan

doesnt crash on playback over LAN/WAN

stand alone Plug 'n Play DVR

rtos embedded OS

rca video inputs

rca video ouputs

2 multiview monitor outputs

audio recording

audio streaming

recording scheduling

alarm sensors

real time network stats in remote view

remote DVR configuration

save video clip or snapshot over network

low price tag

CONS

-----------

no motion recording

no bnc video inputs

no bnc monitor output

no s-video monitor output

no vga monitor output

no multi site remote video

no browser based remote software

no frame advance/frame reverse on playback

no disk analysis

no cdrw/usb backup on board

only available in 4 channel

So to end, value for money it is the best 4 channel stand alone I have tested yet. I can even sell it against the GE Storesafe, for most Home and Retail clients.

MAIN MENU

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/menu.gif

NETWORK SOFTWARE

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/sshot.gif

Edited by Guest