Sign in to follow this  
Guest JOINDVR

Stacked GV-2008

Hi!

Anyone have any experience with systems using 2*GV-2008?

I have so much problems with this tried many types of hardware etc, but all systems comes up with some issue making the system a joke.

JD

I've wanted to try out the cards for a long time. What issues are you encountering?

We have had an issue on both GV-2004 and GV-2008 and GV-2008 X 2

The problems have been a bit different every time we have changed hardware. We also had the same hardware using 8.11/8.12 and had different issues (different grade of issues).

Start time: 15 Mai, about 140 Hours work, installing and testing, 1150KM in car, 3 times back and forth shipments.

End time: Tonight, I think I finally have made it run!

The reason for this long period of time is that the problem is been showing itself after 4 hours too 20 hours, so not anything you can reboot and reboot until it is fixed.

The issues mainly:

Blue background instead of video

Grey background instead of video

Grey stripes turning to total grey after an hour.

Computer freeze

Geovision.exe freeze

Suddenly reboots of computer

Extremely hot PC!

We fixed the GV-2004 and GV-2008 X1 pretty early by changing to another graphic cards after a tip by Geovision support!

The stacked GV-2008 (2xGV-2008) system, was a bit harder. After testing about 5 different MB, VGA, DDR2 and CPU, we have finally found a mix of parts that seems to run it well.

I really dont know what the issue have been, I can only guess, but since the error comes after a certain time, I have choosen to belive that it is either a memory issue, graphic card issue or a heating issue or a combination of this!

The GV-2004/GV-2008 system had 2 issues; one with the MB/DDR2 mix we used, the memory seemed to be unfit for the system and there was a lot of writing PAGEFILE to the harddisk and this made the system very hot. The second one was the graphic card also had trouble with the heat/work load in the system. So a change of memory first gave a much more quiet and cooler system, but still we had issues so a new graphic card was tested and it worked. This graphic card model we bought after being adviced by Geovision support. Systems been up running since June!

At the same time we had a delivery of a 16 channel GV-2008 system. With good experience from the graphic card we had on the GV-2004/GV-2008 X 1 systems we used that card. But here we also get some of the same problems as on the singe card systems. Both the mother board, graphic card, memory and CPU is on the Tested OK list provided by Geovision for the GV-2008 card. Since the problem comes after a while I suspect that heat is a influencing part in all this. So we have tested on different PC cases, with many fans and so on. But still system is not working well.

Few days ago I thru everything away and bought all new parts starting from scratch, new MB, VGA Card, Memory, Cabinet, CPU, the PC parts bought this time about 2 X the price of the parts used earlier.

First I built a hole new PC but kept the Graphic card adviced by Geovision, problems still there, then I put in another graphic card costing about 10,- USD more and VOILA now it seems system is stable and running good.

We also talked to Geovision sales earlier today and they adviced us to use GV-1480 instead or buy the DVR Unit from them. Would be interesting to know why?

Anyway, we wait to bring any new ones to the market and will watch the ones we already brought out, before selling any more.

JD

Pictures:

Someof the issues:

GV2008Error2.jpg

GV2008Error.jpg

Problem solved? - Hope so! If not, maybe someone wants GV-2008 cards runned over by car?

GV2008.jpg

GV2008_TaskManager.jpg