Slim3001

Question about cameras spec

Hi guys now I know this my be a hard question to answer as I know theres a lot of factors to consider. Now Im going to ask about TVL first I know more should be better but theres more to it.

Question 1 is if you looking for a cameras whats the best one to get

420 / 460 / 480 / 520 / 540 /560 I think 540/560 going to be out my price range ( All cams will have IRL )

Question2 Is to do with the shape of the camera. Now I know it maybe a silly question to ask but if there anything I kneed to know when picking a style of camera. As I like the Vandal Proof Domes

Question 3 Is it better to go for a cameras with more IRL

Question 4 how do I work out the power I need as the guy in the shop is trying to sell me a 5AMP 9 channel box but I have found a 10AMP 9 channel box for around the same money.

Question 5 Do you think its better to go with a varifocal lens over a fixed lens. My system is going to be used around the out side of my house each cam is going to be around 8-10 feet up around bedroom window hight of the floor.

Last Question

Now I have found 2 domes that I think are ment to be the nut's and dont use IRL. And there on sale there got some good spec.

Sony 580tvl CCD

Main DSP Samsung SDB-70

Image Sensor Sony ICX-639AK

Effective Pixels 752 (H) * 582 (V)

Video System PAL TV System

Scanning System 625TV Lines, 2:1 Interface

Scanning Frequency 15.625[Khz] / 50 [Hz]

Shutter Speed 1/50 ~ 1/100,000 sec

Sync System Internal Sync

H - Resolution Colour : 580TVL (Min.) / B/W : 700TVL (Min.)

S/N Ratio 52 dB (AGC Off Weight ON)

Min. Illumination 0.3 Lux/F1.2 0.0002 Lux (Sens-up X 256)

Gamma 0.45

White Balance ATW

C.Video Output

VBS 1.0Vp-p / 75Ohms

Video 0.7Vp-p / Sync: 0.3Vp-p / Burst 0.3Vp-p

Input Voltage DC 12V +/- 10%

Current Max 167mA

Operating Temperature -20°C - +50°C

Lens 2.8-11mm Korean Lens Aspherical

Lens Angle Wide 99.8° - 25° Tele

Weight 1.35Kg Approx.

Size 128.8mm x 150mm

Sorry for all the questions guys but know where els to ask

Hi guys now I know this my be a hard question to answer as I know theres a lot of factors to consider. Now Im going to ask about TVL first I know more should be better but theres more to it.

420 / 460 / 480 / 520 / 540 /560 I think 540/560 going to be out my price range ( All cams will have IRL )

Question2 Is to do with the shape of the camera. Now I know it maybe a silly question to ask but if there anything I kneed to know when picking a style of camera. As I like the Vandal Proof Domes

Question 4 how do I work out the power I need as the guy in the shop is trying to sell me a 5AMP 9 channel box but I have found a 10AMP 9 channel box for around the same money.

Question 5 Do you think its better to go with a varifocal lens over a fixed lens. My system is going to be used around the out side of my house each cam is going to be around 8-10 feet up around bedroom window hight of the floor.

Last Question

Now I have found 2 domes that I think are ment to be the nut's and dont use IRL. And there on sale there got some good spec.

Sony 580tvl CCD

Main DSP Samsung SDB-70

Image Sensor Sony ICX-639AK

Effective Pixels 752 (H) * 582 (V)

Video System PAL TV System

Scanning System 625TV Lines, 2:1 Interface

Scanning Frequency 15.625[Khz] / 50 [Hz]

Shutter Speed 1/50 ~ 1/100,000 sec

Sync System Internal Sync

H - Resolution Colour : 580TVL (Min.) / B/W : 700TVL (Min.)

S/N Ratio 52 dB (AGC Off Weight ON)

Min. Illumination 0.3 Lux/F1.2 0.0002 Lux (Sens-up X 256)

Gamma 0.45

White Balance ATW

C.Video Output

VBS 1.0Vp-p / 75Ohms

Video 0.7Vp-p / Sync: 0.3Vp-p / Burst 0.3Vp-p

Input Voltage DC 12V +/- 10%

Current Max 167mA

Operating Temperature -20°C - +50°C

Lens 2.8-11mm Korean Lens Aspherical

Lens Angle Wide 99.8° - 25° Tele

Weight 1.35Kg Approx.

Size 128.8mm x 150mm

Sorry for all the questions guys but know where els to ask

Cameras choosing is based on the enviroment they are going to be used in, not what we like best etc, due that they all have different functions!

For instance Vandal cameras good for using where people can reach them/damage them, but no pint if out of reach. More IR leds then normal, ok if that what you need then yes, if not you will just get to much light trown back at the lens and you will maybe be blinded!

So to choose camera is more like enviroment in first phase then technical data.

JD

TVL is, to over-simplify somewhat, a measurement of the vertical resolution of the sensor. IN GENERAL, the higher the number you can get, the better. Keep in mind though, the numbers you're given may not always tell the whole story. Sometimes, for example, the sensor itself may be a lower resolution, and the image is "upscaled" to a higher resolution by the camera's processing, and the manufacturer/vendor will quote the "upscaled" resolution.

Personal preference certainly counts - looks, aesthetics, etc. Domes tend to be easier to "blend in" to existing architecture. Some dome designs, though, don't allow you to adjust the camera's aim fully, which can be a pain later when you need to, say, look flush along a wall or something. Better domes will have a full gimball mount to facilitate more flexibility. Many cheaper domes and bullets also don't provide, or don't have the space for, larger varifocal or auto-iris lenses, which may be a concern depending on your needs; "box" cameras with C/CS lens mounts offer a lot more flexibility in lens selection, but are also larger, typically less aesthetically pleasing, and usually require a separate enclosure if you want to protect them from the elements or minor tampering.

In the end, the most important thing is for YOU to decide which style suits YOUR particular needs.

There's been a lot of discussion on that already. The general consensus is that IF you need IR, use off-camera illuminators, rather than built-in. My personal opinion is that, in most cases, I'd rather use a camera with good low-light performance rather than trying to "fake" it out of cheap cameras with IR. IR does have its place, but it's over-used as a cheap hack, IMHO.

All cameras should list their power requirements - just add up the numbers!

If you can get a 10A supply for about the same as a 5A though, go with the 10 - never hurts to have more capacity.

Varifocal just gives you the ability to adjust the field of view, rather than being locked into one view. Once the cameras are installed, though, you're probably not going to be adjusting that on a regular basis... so varifocal is really only useful once, during installation, in most cases. If you know the field-of-view you'll need, you can calculate the lens you need and probably just do with that. If you're not sure, or want to fine-tune things for a specific view, then varifocal may be more useful for you.

Last Question

A lot of cameras use the same CCDs and list similar specs, but with widely different resulting outputs. A lot of those specs are so generic, it's like listing a car as having "seats and windows" - nothing special about it, they ALL do.

A name and model would give a better idea of whether it's really a worthwhile camera.

Thanks a lot guys and thanks Soundy for the full info and a link to the camera.

www onlinesecurityproducts.co.uk/dome-cameras/clearance-sony-580tvl-ccd-samsung-winner-4-dsp-00002lux-vandal-resistant-28-11-varifocal-aspherical-lens.html

When I can upload to the side ill upload a layout pic of my house and where im going to place the cameras

OK up all night doing this lol but this will show you what I wont my system to do. Maybe you could give me some info on what you think would be best for the job hope you like

I did look but cant find any thing to say if you can or cant post pic's if you cant ill just add link's

And yes I wont laser beam security lol ( Joke )

112773_1.jpg

112773_2.jpg

So started to take a look at the under side of the roof and I think Im going to have to drill in the it to feed the cables in to the house. Now the problem with that is I need big ass set of ladders So I may have to look on ebay for a set duhh