uscpsycho

Need help with email alerts

I have tried three different video monitoring solutions and am having problems with email alerts across the board. The three products I have tried are Digivie, Digimerge and Swann.

The Digimerge and Swann software just can't seem to connect to my outgoing email servers. I've tried two different servers and configured them correctly (with authentication), but the monitoring software can't connect to the email server. Do I need to open up a port on my router for the outgoing mail? Is this a common problem?

The Digivue seems to be able to connect to my outgoing server OK (test emails are received) but the problem here is that I don't receive any email when motion is detected. To be honest, I'm not sure if it's supposed to send email, the UI is horrible and the documentation is worse. I can't tell if it sends email upon motion detection or only if an alarm is triggered.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

So it connects to the SMTP server but the Server isnt sending ...

Perhaps they arent doing the Authentication Properly ... PM me the SMTP server and ill take a quick look

So it connects to the SMTP server but the Server isnt sending ...

Perhaps they arent doing the Authentication Properly ... PM me the SMTP server and ill take a quick look

No, the SMTP server is not the problem. The monitoring software is not connecting to the SMTP server so the problem is with the software.

The Digimergre & Swann products can't connect to the SMTP server at all - the test emails fail.

The Digivue is able to connect to the SMTP server and send test emails. Problem is that the Digivue software isn't sending emails when motion is detected. But I'm not sure that their software is designed to do that.

Of the three products I like the Digimerge best and would love to get their email alerts to work. If it worked I'd be a happy camper with Digimerge. Both Swann & Digiviue have issues that make them less favorable to me.

I'll PM the SMTP server info to you to see if you can shed any light on this.

So I just discovered that SBC blocks outgoing email on port 25 which is a common port used for outgoing email. If Digimerge or Swann are using port 25 to send email alerts then that is the problem. Does anyone know if Swann or Digimerge monitoring software use port 25?

Is anyone out there getting email alerts from Digimerge or Swann software on sbcglobal.net?

If it's using SMTP then it will be sending on 25 by default. I don't know if you can adjust the port settings for the software.