Hi guys...anyone has anything to say about Everfocus EDSR400H asI'm considering whether to get it. It comes with a 80GB HDD so how long can that store for MJPEG formats? Thanks

Probably 10 days if set to medium settings. It all depends on your settings. Image Quality, Motion detection, and FPS settings will all change the amount of recording time. Similar 4 channel units I've used utilizing MJPEG usually get me around 12-15 days with a 160GB.

Thanks man. So meaning for 4 cameras and medium setting, it should be able to last me about 10 days of recording right? So how about the DVR itself, any comments on it? Is it suitable for small retail outlet usage? Thanks

Probably 10 days if set to medium settings. It all depends on your settings. Image Quality, Motion detection, and FPS settings will all change the amount of recording time. Similar 4 channel units I've used utilizing MJPEG usually get me around 12-15 days with a 160GB.

Wow it sounds pretty little...4 - 7 dys only...hmmm thanks.

Not a fan of neverfocus, but if it doesnt have motion record you will probably get approx 4-7 days recording with MJpeg and 80GB..

Look at the posts in this search. re: neverfocus:

http://www.cctvforum.com/search.php?mode=results

Enter: everfocus

User: rory

Not a fan of neverfocus, but if it doesnt have motion record you will probably get approx 4-7 days recording with MJpeg and 80GB..

Just being realistic, motion will get you alot more, could range up to 1 month with motion. Non stop record (continuous, time lapse) and highest resolution will eat the space up quick.

Like kand said, recording speed and quality settings will also be a major factor.

The Actual model/brand of DVR used makes the difference also.

Rory

Thanks for the info

Just being realistic, motion will get you alot more, could range up to 1 month with motion. Non stop record (continuous, time lapse) and highest resolution will eat the space up quick.

Like kand said, recording speed and quality settings will also be a major factor.

The Actual model/brand of DVR used makes the difference also.

Rory

no prob, is this for a mobile app?

If not i would look at the Nubix, Sanyo, GE, in that order .. first .

Rory

Pardon me but I don't really get what mobile app. means? I'm actually looking for a DVR to install in my retail outlet with 4 cameras, therefore I'm getting the everfocus one...

no prob, is this for a mobile app?

If not i would look at the Nubix, Sanyo, GE, in that order .. first .

Rory

Sorry looked like their Mobile unit ..

anyway, you would be better off with their Mpeg4 unit if you really want an Everfocus .. though if you look at the posts here on the EDSRs you will see they arent the best choice .. we used the 16 channel EDSRs and every single unit we had from a couple different distributors, would lock up the DVR when connected to it over the LAN ..

There are much better choices for the cost.

Hmmm I'm starting to have second thoughts... ANyway thanks man for the advice.

Sorry looked like their Mobile unit ..

anyway, you would be better off with their Mpeg4 unit if you really want an Everfocus .. though if you look at the posts here on the EDSRs you will see they arent the best choice .. we used the 16 channel EDSRs and every single unit we had from a couple different distributors, would lock up the DVR when connected to it over the LAN ..

There are much better choices for the cost.