sick of my neighbor

I though I did my homework before my purchase.

I purchased a Mace 14MR Combo Monitor/DVR. It had a very noise fan, but we disconnected it because my Installer said it was not necessary for the hard drive.

My error is that I purchased the Mace CAM68CIR, which is not nearly wide enough for my needs. I need a 90 degree angle. The camera, though, seems to be of great quality. I even had a conversation with the Mace Corporate Office before my purchase and was told it was a 60 degree range, which it is not.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a 90 degree camera that will do the job for me?

you're going to need at least a 3mm 1/3" lens for that width ... which is going to be hard to find, actually you wont find any Day night all in one camera with Infrared and a lens like that, you'll have to do what i did, use a day night box camera in a housing, with a 2.9-12mm lens, then use seperate infrared, which for that you will need at least dual 30 degree beams, but to do full 90 degree coverage you'll need 1x60 degree and 1x30 degree.

Bottom line is that it wont be cheap to do what you want, as for the full IR coverage you will need somelike like the IR from Extreme CCTV ..

Examples of Beams with Edited Solarised Images:

60 degree beam - 3mm lens (90 degrees)

uf100_Soloraized.jpg

30 degree beam - 4mm lens (60 degrees)

ex82_Solarized.jpg

Yes Rory...your photos look exactly like what I would like to see.

The only way that I can legally see what I need to see is to cover my driveway and car and then the spillover, which will be my neighbor's driveway would be bonus, according to the police.

How do I buy one of these setups if it's hard to find?

Well the bottom one is the EX82 from extreme, which is just the 4-8mm lens and 30 degree beam .. IR out to 100' depending on reflection surfaces.

The other one was a Sanyo Day Night Box camera, a weatherproof housing, Computar 2.9-13.5mm Varifocal AI lens, and a single Extreme CCTV UF100 60 degree IR Illuminator.

However im redoing some of the other ones using that Sanyo setup, as the lenses werent IR Optimized DN lenses, the Housings (GE) had issues with rain, the backlighting was intense when IR was on or there is too much IR. This one in the image is the only one that didnt have serious issues, though i am taking out the UF100 and replacing it with 2 EX26LEDs to shorten the IR and also to be able to get the IR around that bush in the image. The others, we are working on that this weekend.

PS, those arent the original images, they are solarised to show the IR beam ... check this one out with a UF500. (pitch dark - see small light source top right 3/4 way up but thats on the road somewhere) and yeah thats a dog ..

uf100_driveway_Negative.jpguf100_driveway_Solarized.jpg

Animation2.gif

Edited by Guest

Thank you Rory. So now I know that I won't get what I need from Mace. Perhaps custom is the way to go. I'll show my Installer your suggestions next week. The CAM68CIR will become fodder on Ebay, I guess.

Thank you again.