proton32176

Two IR Cameras pointing at each other.

I have a question for you guys.

I am putting cameras in our condo and am currently running wires.

Explaining the layout would not serve much purpose just trust this camera placement would be best if we can get away with it.

The question is if we have two infrared camera’s pointing at each other ( ceiling mounted) at either end of a 25 foot hallway will they blind each other?

I can’t actually test this myself as I have not bought the cameras and the DVR as yet.

The reason is due the construction of the building.

It is not a question of how many cameras I would like but rather how many cameras can we actually run wires to. Once I find out then I order the appropriate amount of cameras and the DVR.

So I am wondering what would happen if you point two IR’s at each other. Do they merely light up the scene more or do they blind each other where neither can see anything.

There is one other possibility if IR cameras can adjust for exposure in infrared mode.

It would involve placing two cameras at the same corner of an 18' x 20' room spaced about 3 feet apart and each mounted at the same height.

Each would be covering the same room at different angles so neither would be shining their infrared's into each others lens. They would however illuminate the room with twice as much light as each camera was expecting since both IR's would be shining on the same room.

Could they compensate for having twice as much light by changing their exposure or would it overexpose the scene washing out most of the details and contrast?

Thanks for the help.

If the cameras automatically adjust for exposure, then they should be able to compensate to a certain extent. Otherwise, they will blind each other.

Think about it this way, if you had a light on a normal camera, how would two react pointed at each other? Same thing with the IR cameras.