glf

Max number of channels on a 2.4GHz wireless video receiver

Hello,

I'm looking for a 2.4 GHz wireless video receiver and I've found that there are various models that claim to have a number of channels ranging from 4, 8, 12 or even 16.

How many channels can be used in reality by a 2.4 GHz camera to transmit ?

The answer is "It depends." Which is probably why no one has replied.

"2.4ghz" doesn't really mean anything. There are different speeds within that one channel band, depending on if it is b/g/n. You'll only get 11 megabit total I believe if it is using the old b standard.

Also if a radio doesn't have a clear line of sight or is far away or has a poor antenna, or or or.... it will slow itself down to try to get a more reliable connection. 54 meg g can drop to 5 meg if the conditions are poor.

In theory as long as the radio throughput speed doesn't drop below the camera bandwidth, it should be okay.

And finally, wireless performance will degrade as the channel airspace multiplexing fills up with multiple devices all talking at the same time and occasionally colliding and having to retransmit. This part of the thing is so complex and difficult to monitor that you practically need an engineering degree to make sense of it.

The answer is "It depends." Which is probably why no one has replied.

"2.4ghz" doesn't really mean anything. There are different speeds within that one channel band, depending on if it is b/g/n. You'll only get 11 megabit total I believe if it is using the old b standard.

Also if a radio doesn't have a clear line of sight or is far away or has a poor antenna, or or or.... it will slow itself down to try to get a more reliable connection. 54 meg g can drop to 5 meg if the conditions are poor.

In theory as long as the radio throughput speed doesn't drop below the camera bandwidth, it should be okay.

And finally, wireless performance will degrade as the channel airspace multiplexing fills up with multiple devices all talking at the same time and occasionally colliding and having to retransmit. This part of the thing is so complex and difficult to monitor that you practically need an engineering degree to make sense of it.

I have feeling He is talking about RF 2.4 Gig ( Analog ) Not Wi-Fi

Exactly, I'm talking about RF 2.4 Gig Analog transmission used on video cameras, like the one shown below:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-RC802-Wireless-Video-Audio-AV-FPV-2-4Ghz-Receiver-RX-W-Channel-Digital-Number-Display/1909843986.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.19.IWHVLj&ws_ab_test=201556_2,201527_1_71_72_73_74_75,0_0

Exactly, I'm talking about RF 2.4 Gig Analog transmission used on video cameras, like the one shown below:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-RC802-Wireless-Video-Audio-AV-FPV-2-4Ghz-Receiver-RX-W-Channel-Digital-Number-Display/1909843986.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.19.IWHVLj&ws_ab_test=201556_2,201527_1_71_72_73_74_75,0_0

In general 4 Ch

but I have seen 8 ch ( rare )

?? weird. And what happens when someone is trying to use networking wifi with that system nearby?

the 2.4ghz band is so overused, that seems like a potentially very unreliable wireless video method.

?? weird. And what happens when someone is trying to use networking wifi with that system nearby?

the 2.4ghz band is so overused, that seems like a potentially very unreliable wireless video method.

Well ,have been use by industry for years