thehandyman

Extremely disappointed with Q See

So I installed a security system for a customer on her 50 acre ranch. It's a 24 camera system and there are 9 hi def cameras in use (1080p).

I am impressed with the camera quality, and the DVR has not let me down, BUT.

They required us to change our password for suit the cellphone app. We did, but the password has been lost. The app never worked. It is an extreme hassle to the client to have to enter a very long URL to get to her camera system- when it even works.

So i call them, as i have had to call them before- they are no longer offering phone support. A real turn off. So I go online, as they instructed to "chat" with a representative. Four times I refreshed the page, once re entering all my information again, waiting. The chat app said I was number one in the queue, and average wait time was 1 minute, 30 seconds. I waited 6 minutes, 8 minutes, 10 minutes, and 15 minutes with no replies.

I managed to actually use an email form, and asked them for help. There was also a different chat icon I clicked, and asked a question, with no reply.

So if you want help from them, forget phone, forget chat, you MIGHT get a response via email (Form said success for submitting it). Maybe if you fly out there and walk into their building, they may be able to help you. Even that may be a long shot.

This woman paid well over a thousand dollars for this system, and more with my tine installing the wires out of sight, with buggy software, nearly no support, that she cannot access, not even from the DVR.

I cannot in good conscience recommend Qsee.

Edit: I guess they re- enabled phone support. I'm on hold with them now.

Hi. The app password has nothing to do with q-see.

It is part of the initial setup.

You need to go into network on recorder then to accounts and add your passwords for each account

Honestly, the real problem is "installers" who dont know what they are doing. Long URL? what are you talking about.

1000 dollars is nothing for a 10 camera system.

You lost the password not them.