View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:56 am 

what a great app!! thanks for your hard work. I'm moving over to using macs in my office and this is one of the last pieces in the puzzle.

Because I'm eternally optimistic I thought I might mention the two 'extras' that would make this app purrrrfect for me....

1. remembering the hostname and password (and even perhaps the option to auto login!)

2. the ability to toggle between the current controls and a slim line version that only shows the camera buttons. ie, A nice clean interface for watching live.

Thanks again!!

Regards, Stan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:15 pm 

Option 1 is effectively there as the java application takes hostname, port, username and password from the command line. Using the Jar Bundler application from Apple's X-Code (under Developer/Applications/Utilities) you can create applications that will automatically invoke using your parameters of choice. This is how I run mine - a single click on the dock and I'm in.

I can see the benefit of option 2, but to be honest, it's not something I really needed. If I revisit the app, I'll certainly look at revamping the control panel aspect of it.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 am 

Thanks Steve.

There is a JavaApplicationStub executable in the CCTV.app package. I can launch CCTV from the shell with this file. Can I pass the attributes to this file??

I have developer tools installed on my machine at home, so I can try using Jar Bundler this evening but I've never used it before and I've no experience coding in Java. Looking at the docs for Jar Bundler, I need to know the....

fully qualified name of the application’s main class???

it all looks a bit scary to me! a shell script would be a lot easier!

Regards

Jonathan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:43 pm 

So, I got home and tried using jar bundler and its incredibly easy!!

For those that want to do the same thing,

1. right click on CCTV and select 'show package contents'
2. open the contents folder
3. drag and drop the resources folder to your desktop whilst holding alt
4. open jar bundler
5. click choose and browse to desktop/resources/java
6. select CCTV.jar
7. in arguments to main put your parameters in this format

192.168.1.x 80 username password

8. click choose icon and browse to desktop/resources
9. select cctv.icns
10. click create application and choose were to save your new app

voila! you're done!

Thanks again steve!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:44 pm 

See the instructions for modifying the CCTV.app/Contents/Info.plist file to include an Arguments clause on page 1 of this post if you want to avoid running the Jar Bundler yourself. As I've already run it to create the CCTV.app, it's probably easier for you to <ctrl>click on the CCTV application, select Show Package Contents, and then perform the above edit to automatically connect to a given machine. You can even have multiple copies of the app (yeah, I know that doesn't scale well) to access more than one machine.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:45 pm 

LOL! How's about that for timing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:44 pm 

hah! yeah thats typical.

Actually, your way is much better!!

That'll teach me to always read the whole thread before posting - i didn't even notice those previous instructions...

Regards, Jonathan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:21 pm 

Great app! How would you change it so that you can apply this app to the 8 and 16 channel AVtech DVRs? Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:18 pm 

Hi Tim,

I have no way to test any DVR other than mine, but the basic operation of the app is to have the motion JPEG feed from the device displayed on the left, with buttons on the right, each of which is configured to send a specific code to the DVR when clicked. For example the following line of code causes the code 23 to be sent when '1' is clicked.

Code:
cctvButtons.add(new CctvButton(cctvLayout, c, "1", 23));

It would be trivial to add additional codes, if known, but, like I say, I'm not able to do this without hardware to test against. I'm happy to let you have the source code, which you should find easy enough to modify according to your needs.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:39 pm 

Sorry, Tim, I appreciate that unless you're a software engineer, or at least a hacker!, my last reply won't be very helpful.

I've just taken a look at the web interface that my DVR spits out, and clearly the missing codes are there to see, but I don't know if they are necessarily correct for an 8 or 16 channel machine.

If you have a 16 channel machine I can talk to over the net, I'll happily try these additional codes for you, and let you have the result.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:54 am 

Steve, Many thanks for your input! I would very much like source code. I have other AvTech stuff we can try. Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:13 am 

PM me your email address and I'll send you something.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:25 am 

Steve,

have under 10 posts...will have to wait.....this counts as 3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:33 pm 

Thanks for the application Steve! :)

However I have an AVTECH 780W and it seems that the login process is a little bit different so I can't log in (using Windows XP it says: Error java io IOException: Can't read the Login data !!. tried both, command line and java -jar CCTV.jar with no arguments)

Is it possible for you to send me the source code? I want to acces my 780W and if that works as expected I'll try to make the cameras accessible through a cell phone (Java MIDlet on Nokia N95 8Gb)

Thanks in advance! :)

PS: I dont have enough posts yet to send you a PM so I'll appreciate if you send me any email so I can contact you, THANKS!

Post subject: Re: to see avtech on my pocketpc
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:02 pm 

fradi wrote:
hi, thanks for your interest.
I have an avtech avc781 with 4 channels and the program java cctv.jar it dearly works on my pc.
I would like to know if the same program is able' to turn on my pocket pc eten glofiish x800 with mobile windows 6. when I have tried, not and' is possible to compile it because it misses some relative file. jad
Would you be prepared to point out me where to withdraw the file or which software can I take for visualizing my avtech on the pocket pc?
thanks endless.
Hi fradi, Icant believe, we have almost the same DVR, 780W is mine, but the program doesnt work on it.

Its 781 an MPEG4? 780 is MPEG2, maybe it has something to do with that?

I'm looking for the same functionality, porting the jar to a mobile device, but I probably need the source code and Eclipse :)

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next