Sign in to follow this  
smokingjoe

Having trouble remotely saving a DAV Video file.

Hi all

I remotely logged into my dahua DVR from behind my router with a laptop and saved a DAV video file to a new folder that I had created on my desktop. When I open this folder it is empty. I have tried several times with several files and got the same results. This is the first time that I have tried to save a video file remotely. I am not sure but I think it may have something to do with it being a DAV file.

Does anyone out there know why this is happening?

Find your Explorer link on the Windows menu; right click on it, and choose "run as administrator".

This way IE will have rights to write anywhere it wants on the hard drive, otherwise it only has access to write on the user folder, and not on the desktop.

I recently ran into this very issue...

system: QC8116 (Dahau private branded)

Computer: Win7, IE11

Put your system into compatability mode. Put it into trusted sites. But there is ONE MORE thing that must be done:

Grant the login user "Backup File" permissions on the NVR. I went thru every single ONE of those undocumented perms to find out what dDMSS wanted. While at it? Don't log into the system remotely as "admin" - this is just plain dangerous on the net (unless you really want a net user formatting your HD).