ptelec

live audio and video through HDMI on Qvis I-Zeus 7 NVR

Hi. Can anybody advise me on how to get live video and audio to a TV through the HDMI lead. I have installed a Qvis I-Zeus 7 NVR, and a stand alone CCTV microphone (which is powered and working fine), I have connected it to the audio input socket on the NVR. The instruction manual says the HDMI output will do audio and video but all I can get on the TV through the HDMI is video. I am using an AMB-EYE2 2MP camera wired in cat5 from the NVR to the camera if this makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

Assuming it's paired with the channel you're viewing (channel 1), I can only think of a view possibilities:

1. Poor quality HDMI cable (maybe...)

2. Audio not toggled on when live viewing

3. Audio not toggled on for the channel in the settings (generally under "Encode")

4. Faulty microphone (doubt it)

This is going to seem like a stupid question but I only ask it because I've seen people do it: Do you have the mic connected to power?

Thanks for the reply. Yes the mic is powered up I have since been in touch with the technical department at Qvis and on this particular NVR model the audio in and audio out on the NVR is just for bi directional speach. She said I needed a new camera, AMBVAN IR (which apparently has a built in mic) instead of the AMB-EYE 2MP that we have installed for the HDMI output cable to carry audio from the NVR to the TV ? Seems a bit odd to me that this is the only way to do it. Its the first time using an NVR and all wired in CAT 5 so I am assuming the audio and video is sent back to the NVR via the CAT 5. I'll just have to give it a go and hope for the best.

That sounds more like someone who'd rather have you by something else than actually help you troubleshoot.

You not being able to use that mic doesn't seem right to me...