slayde

Can't reset hikvision ds-2cd2032-i

I have a new hikvision ds-2cd2032-i that has gone tango union.

I removed it from the wall and took it inside and have attempted to reset it to factory defaults over and over again with no luck.

It powers on OK and the IR turns on or off with the lighting conditions, but I can't get the network to respond.

I have pressed the reset button for 20 seconds, unplugged the power and Ethernet (it will power on with either and I have tried both independently)

kept the reset button pressed, re-plugged it in and it still wont reset.

Is there a secret to getting these reset?

Or, is there another way to reset them?

I am hoping not to have to RMA it.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you may be able to give me.

I would try the Hikvision SADP tool or an ONVIF product to detect your camera whatever its IP. You could also try wireshark or something similar to listen to the network while you power it on (at boot time it should always be on 192.0.0.64 and look for 192.0.0.128 however it's configured).

If there's nothing, and you are happy the network cable etc are all good, then really I think your options are return it or get access to the bootloader via UART/RS232. If it's under warrenty and you got it from somewhere you are happy to send it back to, the former option would likely be best.

I had trouble to connect to my DS-2CD2032-I the first time until I set static IP-address on my computer to 192.0.0.10 with subnet 255.255.255.0 to be within the same IP range, then I could connect and use the hikvision tool to set a new IP and reboot it. Went back to dhcp on my computer and I was able to reach camera.

Good Luck

Why do you need to reset to factory defaults? The official process to reset by reset button is to disconnect the PoE network cable, press the reset button, connect the PoE network cable, hold for 10 seconds and it should be reset. A full reset does not reset the password, that's a lot harder to do.

Once reset you can use SADP to find the camera at it's 192.0.0.64 address and change it to your network. If you have Win 8, there's issues with Winpcap that is part of the SADP install, just install Winpcap from their website, works.

"...set static IP-address on my computer to 192.0.0.10 with subnet 255.255.255.0 to be within the same IP range..." worked like a charm for me. Thanks.