Casper01

Hikvision Fisheye troubleshooting

Hey Guys,

Hoping someone can help me out a bit. Using a DS-2CD6332FWD-I 3MP Fisheye camera with Hikvision iVMS-4200 PCNVR(v1.0).

Problem 1. Unlike Geovision, Hikvision does everything onboard. It outputs 5 camera streams, 1 Raw HD fisheye and 4 low quality camera streams. Using the PCNVR cannot get all 5 streams to display at the same time. Max is one HD and 2 additional streams before it bugs out with an error code 83 on the streams. Also unlike the geovision, you cannot manipulate the HD fisheye stream for different views. Is there a way to have all 5 streams at once or manipulate the fisheye stream?

Problem 2. For recording purposes, can only record the live streams, any that have crashed stop recording.

Problem 3. The video is very blurry, couldn't tell it was a 3MP camera. Even standing directly under the fisheye, still blurry like its out of focus. Are you supposed to have to adjust the focus on these somehow?

I tried the client software as well as logging directly into the fisheye, video is still blurry (think old cctv 480tvl)

Thanks for any input on this.

Well on the Fisheye, you will only get one stream which is the first stream that you view 360 from above. The rest of the streams are not that great at all, you will be pulling about CIF resolution out of the other streams because they will be displaying in Optical Zoom pretty much. Yes you can get all streams into the PCNVR or Client. Go to Configurations-> Advanced Configurations-> System-> Make sure Real-Time Mode is Disabled. If you are still having trouble with that then you might need to update you firmware on the PCNVR/Clients. I just tested the 3MP Fisheye both ways on the PCNVR and the Client and works great, i will attach a snapshot of it to show you. Also if you want a better view than i suggested getting the 6MP Fisheye, i have that now and looks way better, I'm getting about 1.3MP on all the other streams while getting 6MP on the Main Fisheye View.

2050201313_ScreenShot2014-11-24at3_35_50PM.thumb.jpg.599f03720aa70e4454e8c9f94f054eca.jpg