Sign in to follow this  
transition

New to security cameras, Hikvision vs. Sharx...

I'm looking to get a 6-8 camera setup and needed a little help with my choices. I pretty much have it narrowed down to Hikvision 2032 or Sharx 3905 (unless anyone else has recommendations).

I do have a few questions regarding setup. With the Sharx cameras it was recommended by them to get a NAS to record onto but it seems like with the Hikvision most people use a DVR? Why choose one over the other? Can anyone recommend a good model?

Also, setup wise, I just keep reading mixed stuff about the Hikvision depending on U.S. model/international. I have no experience setting up something like this before, is it pretty doable by a novice?

Lastly, with the Hikvision cameras, what's the easiest way to view with mobile phone (Android). Thanks for any help, I'm hoping to get some ordered as soon as possible.

Honestly i would go with hikvision. You would need to get a NVR with it, it is very easy to use and has a friendly user interface. Its easy to fix if something ever does happen to it. I would deff go with a DS-7708NI OR DS-7608NI from hikvision for the NVR part. If you get that, you also get their free computer client to view and playback your cameras. Thats the best bet for a 8ch Security system.

You can view the cameras with IVMS-4500 from the application store on any device and works great.