Sign in to follow this  
cypher007

good quality 3.6mm lenses M12 any ideas

tried some 3.6mm m12 lenses and the centre is ok but the edges of the image are blurred.

any suppliers in UK or ship to UK that do better focussed ones?

It's not easy to find high quality megapixel IR compensated M12 lenses for a reasonable price. You can get great ones that are very expensive from places like edmund scientific, but these are usually well over $50.

I've had good luck with m12lenses.com. The quality is decent and the price is reasonable, if not cheap. You can get cheaper lenses on ebay and dealextreme, but the quality tends to be poor, and you never know what you're getting until they arrive.

At m12lenses, be sure to pick the 1/3" category (assuming that's what you have), as 1/2" lenses will give a different FOV than the same size in 1/3".

cheers for the info. ill have a look, though not sure if they post to the UK. my cameras were supposed to be 1/2.9" but the ebay'er is ripping people off and shipping 1/4" units. would I need 1/4" or 1/3" the camera output is 1280x768.

A 1/4" sensor will show the equivalent of a longer lens, compared to a 1/3" sensor. The lens shows the same image circle to each sensor, but the smaller sensor covers less of the image, so will look like a longer lens was used.

There's a formula for figuring this out; I'll see if I can dig it up.

ACTi sell M12 Lenses as optional accessories for there cams ... i think you can get it for a good price in UK.