sjkelly

Brand New System - Recommendations

Hi,

After a recent spate of burglaries I want to invest in a brand new system and would like to recommendations on what to buy and ensure compatibility.

Ideally I am looking for an 8channel (1080p) 2TB DVR which I will populate initially with 4 HD cameras which will be installed on a residential property

There are lots of systems on the market but am struggling to figure out which are budget and which are the high end. So far i have come across from UK suppliers:

• Hikvision
    Qvis
    Swann
    AVTech
    Xvision
    IQ CCTV

Although I am quite techy, I don't want to install something that is overcomplicated. An out the box solution would be great.

I wouldn't want to install a budget system and have to reinstall something again in a few years time, so am looking for some of good quality that is going to last.

If anyone could order the above list in terms of High End to Budget that would be great. Please fell free to add any others to the list.

Many thanks

Steve

I wouldn't want to install a budget system and have to reinstall something again in a few years time, so am looking for some of good quality that is going to last.

CCTV has to work 7days, 24 hours all year long. I think everybody should appreciate only if it lasts only two years, when compared to more expansive TV set, or PCs from giant manufacturers.