7upsgreat

Help needed QVis Zeus 8 Channel DVR - Camera Lock

Hi to all you fountains of knowledge, hope you maybe able to help. Have got a Client who re formatted their HDD on their DVR since doing this there is no visual on the screen from two of their 6 cameras. Feeds from the camera are OK, I've checked these but on screen in the relevant boxes there is a padlock symbol. They don't have a manual anymore so I've downloaded a few, all pretty poor. Two of the manuals have reference to this camera lock and a pic of the symbol but none of them explain how to turn it on/off. I've been through all the menus on the system half a dozen times but I can't see anything. I know the cameras are working, I've tested them and on boot up the cameras come up until the software fully initialises. The cameras are also recording although it's not possible to review the footage becuase of this damm camera lock. It's got to be something simple and hopefully one of you who's familair with Qvis equipment can help.

Many thanks

Someone will have to back me up on this, but I'm fairly certain Qvis was all re-branded Dahua. You may want to try and figure out what Dahua's model number is for that DVR based on the specs. Sometimes a firmware update can help.

Was there a specific reason your client formatted the drive? I've seen malfunctioning drives cause all sorts of unpredictable and explainable issues with Dahua DVRs. You may want to just disconnect the drive from the board and power the unit back on to see what happens. Hand to God, this solves my "head scratchers" nine out of ten times.

Don, thanks for your reply.

I've had a look at the Dahua website and I must say some of thier DVR's look suspiciously similar I can't find any of their manuals but there was something in the support forum that I stumbled across that I'm going to try. It would appear that you can set permissions for the various user access levels and in there you have the option to mask camera views. However, I've been logging in on as admin and I'm sure that all permissions were checked. Anyway, I'll have another look and if that don't work I'll try your suggestion.

In answer to your query he had an alarm come up due to the high ambient temperature in his loft this summer........... I must have missed that day! The only way he could clear it and get the DVR up and going again was to format the hard drive. Seems a bit drastic to me but like I said I don't know the Qvis products.

Thanks again for your advice.