JoM

zmodo dvr-h9116uvdh password reset

I'm brilliant and made my dvr (Zmodo dvr-h9116uvdh) more secure by enabling a password and then promptly forgetting what it was. I've been using the system for more than a year now like this, since I can still view the cameras, but would like to figure out how to reset the password. Does anyone here know how? The zmodo knowledge page doesn't list how to do so for this model, nor does the manual.

There's a battery on the motherboard, and a small black button, but removing the battery and pressing the button doesn't appear to blank the password, it is still set to something. . . if I get this sorted I don't think I'll set a password again. It threw me for a loop that it only allowed 6 characters, so I had to make up a short password on the spot and of course then forgot it. Thanks for your time. Cheers.

Normally NVR got a reset keys. they are a small concave hole. Need use pencil or some simliler to click it. Our factory NVR using this way. Maybe same does yours.

With that model, you have to generate a master password that must be entered directly to the unit. There aren't any pins to jumper. Possibly contacting Zmodo, you can get that done.

Thank you very much for your help. I will try again to contact them, maybe I will have to call instead of sending emails.