radar7

960H DVR Recording issues.

Have run into this with Swann DVR16-4000 and Digital Watchdog DW-VF960-162TB. Units record perfectly, except every so often they will skip 20-30 seconds (forever in event time!). Swann did not want to admit there was a problem, even after we had swapped out the unit twice and I sent them video clips. I never got a solution from them. I finally changed the recording resolution to D1 and this seemed to solved it. With Digital Watchdog as soon as I sent them a video clip they fessed up and within a couple of days they sent me a firmware update that seems to have fixed it. I think this is a through-put problem with the amount of data transferring to the hard drive at the 960 resolution rate with 16 cameras. Wonder if anyone else has encountered this problem? Also changing the resolution on the Swann unit did not degrade the recording because the cameras are only D1 resolution. Swann products are decent, but their Tech support (even at Advanced Level) stinks.

hello every1 can some1 please help me with a problem i,m having with my dvr cctv system, i have a 4 channel robox barracuda dvr, but i moved house about a year ago & the system has just been lying about for ages i have just got round to getting it back up & installed, but the problem is if you want to get onto main menu you need password i made my own back then but have now forgotton the password, i have entered the password incorrect 3 times & it now comes up that this account has been locked, can somebody please help me with this problem. really need help

Radar,

To me it does not seem to be related to HDD. More or less it could be to the capacity of CoDec engine in the DVR box.

The size of 960H is 33 % more than D1. So needed that much CoDec power. FYI, Very good quality of 960H can be recorded with 2 Megabit Per Second. For 16 Ch, it could be less than 32 Mbps. In terms of Byte, less than 4 MBPS. In general, HDD can handle around 60MBPS for traffic of read &write, easily.