Sign in to follow this  
k-singh

Alienultra 638 password help please

Hi

I recently purchased a property last week of which came with a fully fitted camera and dedicated alienultra 608 dvr system however the other day I decided to review some footage from when i was prompted for a password i then realized i cant do pretty much anything on the box without the password making it pretty much useless as it is.

I read the manual online and tried the default pass of 12345 to no avail, i also opened the dvr and removed the battery to reset the BIOS still that didn't do the trick. I also cannot get hold of the previous owner as they have emigrated to Europe somewhere.

Can anyone help with this? the old footage is not important to me so is there a way perhaps where i can wipe and reset it all to factory settings? is there a way to recover the password by other means?

Thanks

p.s. serial number is: bts60566

An update on this, I contacted aleindvr in order to see if they could help but they said that the only way they can do it is if i send it off to them but were quoting prices worth more than a replacement dvr, if anyone knows a way around could you please let me know

Thanks

Removing the battery may only have the effect of resetting the clock. You need to look for pins, almost always just two. They may or may not be marked NVM or NV. These should be shorted in order to clear the non volatile memory and that should reset the board to default settings.

Ian

Removing the battery may only have the effect of resetting the clock. You need to look for pins, almost always just two. They may or may not be marked NVM or NV. These should be shorted in order to clear the non volatile memory and that should reset the board to default settings.

Ian

Thanks for the reply, fortunately just yesterday alien forwarded me the original installers details of whom provided me with the admin password. Thanks for the tip i will keep that in mind incase i ever forget the password