starblaster

Geovision cards.

Specifically the GV-600-4 with V6.0

Just bought one and installed it ( after Nvidia graphics card gforce4 mx440 ).

Clean machine XP OS , Intel mbd D865GLC , Celeron 2.4 .

Buggy in spots ( frozen image panels , lost video log info ).

QUESTIONS :

Is there a discussion board just for Geovision cards ?

The main .tw website aint worth a squirt ( the latest software version there is 5.4 !!)

As far I understand, with the geo's, you got to make sure that your cameras are getting the proper voltage from the power supply. if they get less than what they are supposed to, then images would just jump on the screen.

i am an expert on Geo.... what i the problem.. if it is slow it may be because your recording to the C: drive... also it sounds like you have corrupted your video logs,, run the repair database utility to fix it or re -format.. record on another partition.

You are wrong about geovision.com.tw it has version 6.2 not 5.4 unless that is all the 600 series uses, we dont sell the 600 as at 25fps it is way too slow.

I was tricked by the sites 'Version History' link although it should really be updated to reflect new mods in current versions.

The GV-600-4 card is just fine for my needs ( two cameras ).

The system comprises Intel board with clean XP , Celeron 2.4gig , 40gig HDD ( partitioned 10gig software / 30 gig video log ) and no extra programs.

The glitches don't impede function ( recording ) but are simply annoying.

The primary glitch is two 'frozen' panels in the quad view.

It also gets very messy in the 16 cam view ( frozen & fractionally splitting panes ).

Obviously , I don't need the 16 cam view but any kind of software messiness is of concern.

For all I know , the problem could be the cameras but this just doesn't sound like a reasonable cause.

I am in the process of selecting some new cameras.High resolution day/nighters. Any suggestions ( under $300 each...have good CS lenses in hand ) ?

plug the cameras into a TV RCA input using a BNC-RCA adaptor and see if the cameras work. If they do then you have software/PC issues, if not then yes its your cameras. try to connect it direct at the camera location, so to make sure its not cable/connector problems. Check your connections also if it is still a problem. Meter the cable, or try another camera.

The primary glitch is two 'frozen' panels in the quad view.

It also gets very messy in the 16 cam view ( frozen & fractionally splitting panes ).

Obviously , I don't need the 16 cam view but any kind of software messiness is of concern.

For all I know , the problem could be the cameras but this just doesn't sound like a reasonable cause.

I am in the process of selecting some new cameras.High resolution day/nighters. Any suggestions ( under $300 each...have good CS lenses in hand ) ?

The glitch's sound like you are running an onboard video chip instead of a video card... if not send me a screen shot as I have yet to come accross such a problem out of all the machines we have built.

It does not sound liek cameras are the problem... I would look for a distributor that sells these cameras a they should be in your budget..

http://www.koreacctv.com

plug the cameras into a TV RCA input using a BNC-RCA adaptor and see if the cameras work. If they do then you have software/PC issues,

That is incorrect..... there is a difference between 1.1 volt peak to peak and 1 volt peak to peak.. it may work on a monitor and not DVr because of this and this does not mean that your PC is stuffed!

whoops. sorry, not use to using PCs for surveillance!

But before he trashes the cameras he should check to make sure they are OK, and if they work in a TV RCA input, then they are OK.