mike_va

CNB BBM-24F vs. Axis P1344 (with IR)

CNB MIR1000 illuminator. Axis has a 1.6 lens, CNB has a 1.4 (lets more light through than 1.6).

BBN24F:

P1344 at 1-30s:

P1344 at 1-60s:

bbm24f.jpg.b0c4422840084319b668413562db4631.jpg

1-30s.jpg.33205ebde3c3e8e0666d95cf3a3b815a.jpg

1-60s.jpg.3c1b6ac4e599d2cc04c616725e39e5fb.jpg

The "dynamic contrast" setting is kinda neat!

What compression is the Axis using, and what capture card/compression are you using with the CNB?

The "dynamic contrast" setting is kinda neat!

What compression is the Axis using, and what capture card/compression are you using with the CNB?

P1344 at 20% on that one. The CNB is going through an old 2400+ at 50%. Did not even think to check the setting on that. All the pics are just screenshots off the mac, converted from png to jpg to get the size down.

The CNB always looks that way though, it has a very distinct picture at night and tend to run at higher bitrate than other cameras, even during the day and on other servers like the 243 (around 15Mbs). Maybe something to do with the DSP, not allowing the jpeg compression to have that much effect perhaps.

The CNB always looks that way though, it has a very distinct picture at night and tend to run at higher bitrate than other cameras, even during the day and on other servers like the 243 (around 15Mbs). Maybe something to do with the DSP, not allowing the jpeg compression to have that much effect perhaps.

It's probably the noise in the picture - Gaussian noise is difficult to compress. My DFL-20S looks like a snowstorm under low light conditions.

I just got a BBM-24F Monalisa and a BBB-34F Blue-i .. will post results after I test.

I just got a BBM-24F Monalisa and a BBB-34F Blue-i .. will post results after I test.

Looking forward to see what all the fuss is about on the blue-i

Whats nice is I also have a Panasonic WDR box camera here ... so will try to put them side by side, as well as use cat5 and see if I can adjust the settings using the DVR's client software (like a ptz) .. wont be able to test until the weekend though .. too busy right now

Same here, wondering how well it would do blanking out car headlights.

Just getting to this camera ... Mike were you ever able to backfocus this camera? I cant see any normal backfocus ring on this thing. The thing the user manual says is a backfocus ring (unless Im reading it wrong) looks to me like a C-CS adapter ring. Anyway leaving it all default it stays in focus in low light and bright light, though Im focusing it at night right now to test. Ive used alot of Box cameras over the years (though it HAS been a while) and I cant find anything on the camera that looks like a normal backfocus adjustment. If I adjust that ring as would normally adjust the backfocus, I lose alot of FOV.

I have the Pano here also, that auto backfocus is nice

It almost focuses the lens for you.

Just getting to this camera ... Mike were you ever able to backfocus this camera?

On the BBM-24F I've not had to do that so not sure. Here is what was in the BBM-20F pamphlet, hope this helps.

2027818107_Picture2.jpg.6a4fa54d96006971aa467771a7f4dc09.jpg