Sign in to follow this  
Jeffrey

LiLin PTZ Camera and AverMedia DVR

Are these two compatible? I'm not having any luck to getting the PTZ working with this DVR. It worked great until I switched from my Merit LiLin DVR to my new Avermedia.

DVR: EH5108H*

PTZ: Li-Lin PIH-7000NL

I've used the LiLin protocol, along with Pelco D & P. Baud rate is 9600, ID I'm assuming is 1.

Any help is appreciated.

The camera settings will not have changed, but you can reboot the camera or if you have the manual and a controller, go into the OSD menu and view the current settings, Be sure to mirror the settings from the camera on the DVR. I always use Pelco D or P for the camera and any baud rate depending on distance of your cable run. I have never used above 9600 and that is good to 300 m probably more. I've never tried any longer distances.

Some DVRs that I have installed with PTZs have their protocols for Pelco D & P mixed up so it may be set to Pelco P but only works with pelco D and visa versa. The ones this has happened with were generic and unbranded probably Chinese imports, so I can't tell you which brands it was with. Try using Pelco or some other protocol and change the settings in the camera.

Also I have not had the pleasure to install any Lilin PTZ cameras yet, so I am not able to advise about their connections but I don't see that if they worked with one DVR that they shouldn't work with another, but if that is so, I'd be interested why that might be.

Edited by Guest

Baud rate is 9600, ID I'm assuming is 1

hi. you will need to set your baud rate to 2400 and your ID will be 01. are you going direct to your dvr RX TX

I think I've come to the concluesion the RS232-485 Converter isn't working right. I've tried everything.

Yes I'm going direct with the +/- . Wiring are the same on both sides also.

I think I've come to the concluesion the RS232-485 Converter isn't working right. I've tried everything

hi on the aver EH5108H you dont use any converters. you have your PTZ pluged into the POS data.

you plug your ptz camera into tx+ tx- on the back of your dvr.

ptz-1.jpg

I think I've come to the concluesion the RS232-485 Converter isn't working right. I've tried everything

hi on the aver EH5108H you dont use any converters. you have your PTZ pluged into the POS data.

you plug your ptz camera into tx+ tx- on the back of your dvr.

ptz-1.jpg

Wow. I feel like an idiot now!!

I'm going to the office and see if it works.. Thank you Tom. You've helped me out A LOT on the forums!

Thank you Tom. You've helped me out A LOT on the forums

not a problem. also new firmware is available for you dvr. faster remote viewing/ full IP camera patch/ and the new I-Frame view.

update.

http://www.averusa.com/surveillance/download/EHseries/EH5216H-H.264/X8.02.24.02.03f.zip

how to update firmware.

http://www.averusa.com/surveillance/download/EHseries/EH5216H-H.264/HowToUpdateEH5000Series.pdf

We'll the LiLin works fine now with the DVR. I'm actually using the LiLin protocol as neither Pelco D or P worked.

I'll update that firmware today. Thanks Tom.