karnisar

Samsung Aerospace Digital Color Camera

I bought four cameras from a business that was closing down and I am trying to find out if they will work with a 120 gig 120 fps DVR that I am planning to purchase. Camera Model SDC-2304NA. Markings on the lens are:

Vista CCTV lens 4mm F1.2 Japan.

The chips inside all say Sony.

The cover has the following markings on the sides and rear:

Digital Color camera

Made in Korea.

On the back it has:

Inputs for a BNC plug. It also has two screws than can be turned one says DC level and the other V Phase.

It also has 7 switches which can be set either at OFF or at :

A1 A2 A3 AGC ESC BLC FL

and an eigth switch whose settings are INT or L.L

It has another switch that can be set at DC or Video.

There is a 4 hole input that has Lens written under it.

I could find only one reference to it on the internet:

http://www.securitybase.com/Web_store/Html/Products/sdc2304.html

Can you gurus out there tell me what you make of the cameras?

"It also has two screws than can be turned one says DC level and the other V Phase.

It also has 7 switches which can be set either at OFF or at :

A1 A2 A3 AGC ESC BLC FL

and an eigth switch whose settings are INT or L.L

It has another switch that can be set at DC or Video.

There is a 4 hole input that has Lens written under it. "

Do you know what all those screws and switches are for?

The lens is 4mm F1.2. How good or bad is it compared to the 3.5-8mm lens? I guess what I really want is to understand what those figures actually mean.

My lens on my cameras have two little handles by which one can rotate them, one for open/close and the other to adjust near/far. Are most lens normally like that or do some also come with the capabilty to adjust them remotely.

That's a lot of questions, but you guys have the answers, and I am grateful for this forum for the opportunity to get them, and to Google for directing me to your site.

Basically, the lower the number in the lens, the wider the image, the higher the number, the furthest it can see.

The lens you have is wide angle. The quality would be the same as a varifocal but you have no leeway in setting the area to be covered. If there is no wire coming out of your lens then it is a manual iris lens and it sounds like this is what you have. The camera and lens should work just fine. The only switch that will make a big difference is the ESC which toggles between manual iris or auto iris. You would want the ESC switch to be on. The others probably won't make much difference in the video quality but it doesn't hurt to try them out by switching them on and off to see if the picture quality improves.

the BLC is for if you are looking at a door entrance, back lighting control.

AGC is good if you are using it in a dark setting, its auto gain control, but normally makes it brighter and can make the image worst. Most muxes/DVRs have setting of AGC in the menu settings.