View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: SMTP stoped working on one camerea only
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:17 pm 

Device Type: IPC-HDBW4431R-ZS
Software Version: 2.420.0000.21.R, Build Date: 2016-07-24

Hey guys/gals, I got few of these cams and last week one camera stopped sending out emails. The others still do and configs are same on all. I tried refreshing config from scrach on bad one, rebooted, entered my config saved, rebooted and no dice.."Email Test: Email test connection failed"

What could cause that?
anymore troubleshooting i can do?

TIA

Post subject: Re: SMTP stoped working on one camerea only
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:28 pm 

Hello. It is always a good idea to check the ethernet cabling.

Make sure that your email account does not have a limit on how many emails could be sent. Also, some services like gmail require less secure apps enabled to allow IOT devices to access their servers. If the failing camera has a different firmware, it may not have the correct SMTP protocol, so updating the firmware could resolve the issue.

Beyond that, on the failing camera you might want to try an alternate SMTP server and/or port as advised by your email service. You may even try a different email service or account.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:41 am 

emails are still coming to that same destination account from other cameras which are configured same way. Ethernet cabling hmm. so i should have ping drops to destination ip. From router i get no pocket loss everything under 1ms reply. smtp is stateless protocol and does not carry status messages i know. i wonder if i just reset to default that camera and try to import back the config from backup

since this is chinese version i am affraid to do firmware update :) is there video on how to do chinese versions? i am visual learner.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:40 pm 

i figured it out. "user error"
i found access list for that particular ip sitting on my router to block all ports goin outside.
i am not sure why it only manifested itself just now. i have not touched my router in months.

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]