Sign in to follow this  
Cobra Jet

Samsung's "websamsung.net" remote viewing server is down

NOTE:

This is Just an FYI, AS OF JULY 11th, 2011 and to present day July 15th 2011:

I was not sure if this is the proper sub-forum to post it in, however, in the event you are a Samsung CCTV customer and have/or use remote viewing capabilities, the remote viewing server, commonly referred to as the "websamsung.net" server, is down. This has been confirmed via Samsung's CCTV Tech Dept and I figured I would pass this along to anyone who may be experiencing such remote login issues.

You can ping the websamsung server via your DVR's Network Settings tab by going directly into the DVR (NOT by online remote access). Go to the Network Menu. The DVR's test feature ping's the "websamsung" server, and when that server is inop, the result will immediately come back as "FAIL".

I did call Samsung today 07/15/11 - and spoke with their Tech Dept. Apparently the websamsung.net server which does link everyone to their remote view, has indeed CRASHED. The Tech guy said that it started going down sometime after July 4th and is completely inop as of now. They have their Engineering Dept. working the issue to get everyone back online, however, he said the websamsung remote view server may not be back up and running until sometime next week at the latest.

IF you need to get ahold of anyone at Samsung for tech difficulties or remote view access issue with a DIY Samsung DVR system, here's some helpful info for future reference:

Samsung CCTV Customer Service #: 1-877-349-3149

Samsung CCTV Tech email: DGTECHDIY@GMAIL.COM

I also thought I would pass along this little tidbit of info for those of you who need to remote view your systems, but cannot due to the server crash:

Using Learner2011's approach - in this below thread link from this site (his post is the 7th one down from the top), I'm able to remote view my system from my smartphone (iPhone 4) and also any outside computer platform without any issues at all, even when Samsung's websamsung.net server is down.

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=22867

Phil