coopersim

Hikvision DS-7204 stops recording

Hi,

I have a DS7204 recorder that regularly seems to stop recording, I notice this when I try and use the playback feature and it says 'no record file' after a reboot it works again, but this is really annoying me - especially if I'm off site and I don't have access to reboot the box (a boot from in the gui has no effect)

Can anyone suggest what the problem could be please?

Bumping this as I have exactly the same problem, did you ever get to the bottom of it?

Sometimes a reboot won't fix it and I have to slave the drive in my pc and re format

What unit/DVR, and what hard drive are you using?

I have seen that happen a few times when using a WD Green or Blue drive; never seen it when using a WD Purple. Some times changing the power supply for one with more AMPs helped.

When it stops recording, if you access the hard drive config section, I am sure you will see that the unit either detects no hard driver at all, or it is giving error.

Thank you for the reply.

It's a hikvision ds7204 and a 1tb purple drive. You're right in your recollection, the error is hd not found.

The same problem has occurred today. It used to be every couple of months or so but now seems to be every few days.

After your comment I've checked the power supply which is 12v 2.0a

Are there any other ideas to help me resolve?

If you have a way of powering the 3.5" HD externally, I would try it for a while to see if it solves the problem (I thbink it would).

With somethiing like this, the one on the bottom right:

286677_1.jpg

DS-7204 has a non standard 4 pin power connector, so you would need a Hikvision power supply, or a normal power supply with 2.1mm connector and find the right adapter.

286677_2.jpg

- upgrade DVR's firmware to the latest version

- reset DVR to factory defaults and do the settings again. Format the HDD.

- If the above doesn't help, change the DVR and/or HDD, it's not expensive nowadays.