Sign in to follow this  
hilario23

Corner Awning Install

Long time creeper, first time poster.

I tried searching but must not have used the proper key words. I know someone has had this problem before.

As the picture shows, I have an odd corner awning or soffit in the corner of my house and is the place I have decided to put my camera. There simply isn't a better option.

If you look closely at the corner, when fishing the cable through the attic, I drilled through to the exterior but its just not possible to not have exposed wire. (Note that the wall of the side of the house literally is framed within the edge of the garage wall. Even up in the attic, the soffit does not even show light coming through, so I know its not connected, its just part of the overhang and seems fruitless to me, except maybe for the gutters?) I popped out to the exterior and had to redrill right back into this faux soffit.

There may be a better way to do this. Guess what? I don't care. The hole is there now, so please refrain from trolling. I am however looking for some helpful advice as to how I can cover this in a manner to hide it a bit or patch it up?

I assume some Volcom caulking (weatherproofing) if I trim it close to the wall and touch it up with a bit of paint? Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated. I know I can't be the only one who has done this.

1939138219_cornerawning.thumb.jpg.ae8a7e1b70cd29f9f1744877d3c8aa44.jpg

That ugly wiring can be covered up and protected from the elements with 3 small pieces of scrap ply or pine.

Extend the pieces of wood to the top of the birdsmouth and paint same color to match...

birdsmouth.thumb.jpg.099094cc4fc4f6c0843543ea509176cd.jpg