tgolden

DX8100 compatible hard drives

Has anyone tried replacing the internal factory OEM hard drives in a Pelco DX8100 with aftermarket drives? I have 2 DX8100's with a bad drive in each. They are both set up with 4 Seagate ST3750330NS drives each. These units are out of warranty and the price Pelco wants for the drives would almost buy a new DVR.

Pelco factory OEM HDD?

Never new they made HDD's

I dont recall stating that Pelco made the drives. If you will finish the post you will see that Seagate made the drives. They are mfg by Seagate to Pelco specs. Please dont think because I am new to this forum that I dont know my business. I have installed Pelco equipment for 15 years. Just had a simple question, dont need a smart remark.

Easy, Easy, No intention of trying to be smart, you stated OEM so I assumed they were Pelco Branded.

You can use the Pipeline Series from Seagate, been using them with no issues and they cost less than the ones you have now.

Those drives that came with the DX8100's are Seagates ES.2 Series.

You can easily purchase them online at a lower cost just make sure you purchase from a reputable store because Seagate offers a Limited 5 Year Warranty.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, maybe you can give me some pointers .

Easy, Easy, No intention of trying to be smart, you stated OEM so I assumed they were Pelco Branded.

You can use the Pipeline Series from Seagate, been using them with no issues and they cost less than the ones you have now.

Those drives that came with the DX8100's are Seagates ES.2 Series.

You can easily purchase them online at a lower cost just make sure you purchase from a reputable store because Seagate offers a Limited 5 Year Warranty.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, maybe you can give me some pointers .

I dont recall stating that Pelco made the drives. If you will finish the post you will see that Seagate made the drives. They are mfg by Seagate to Pelco specs.

I doubt that. Seagate's listing says nothing about Pelco having anything to do with the design, it simply lists them as enterprise drives.(http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=52cfc27bebb43110VgnVCM100000f5ee0a0aRCRD&locale=en-US)

If they were Pelco-specific, you wouldn't be able to find the exact same model number listed with dozens of stores, both online and brick-and-mortar (just Google the model number, they all come up).

There's nothing special about DX8100 - it's a rackmount PC with capture hardware and the appropriate software. Any SATA hard drive on the market should work with it.

BTW, have you looked at Pelco's "HDD Field Replacement Program"? http://www.pelco.com/sites/global/en/sales-and-support/support-services/hdd.page

With the Pelco HDD Field Replacement Program, you'll receive a fully equipped HDD Service Kit for each subscribed service location. When a drive fails, replace it onsite with a "like-for-like" drive from your kit. No more shipping an entire DVR to a repair center just to replace a hard drive! Simply return the drive to Pelco and we replace it at no cost if under warranty. Out-of-warranty drives will be replaced at HDD Field Replacement rates.