Sign in to follow this  
syntaxe02

router doesn't accept dvr's ip address.

When i use my router for viewing my dvr to another location with the dvr already having an ip address, my IE browser 404's doesnt display dvr webpage.

But when i directly connect my modem to computer/laptop(same dvr ip address) via ethernet cable, my IE works fine and displays dvr's web page.

And when i go to other internet cafe's with router to connected wirelessly(same dvr ip adress), using IE the dvr also works fine.

It's like my router doesn't accept ip addresses.

At first i thought there was a defect with the router, so i bought another brand new cisco router.

But the router still won't work. I think the solution is knowing how to configure the router but I don't know how. It just wont display webpages on IP addresses domain names.

Note:

-my DVR is already configured an IP adress that contains port 82 : http://xxx.xx.xx.xx:82

-last week and the previous weeks it worked fine (wireless and direct) until last friday up til now when it stopped working on my router.

-dvr's webpage will work when laptop is connected directly to my modem via ethernet cable

-the internet of my router works just fine

- i think configuring the router will solve it

sorry for my bad english

forgive me for doubleposting

maybe probably the Network Adress Translation doest recognize the internal ip address of my router.

does this have anything to do with port forwarding the router.

btw:

I have already set the range from port 82 to 82 but dvr still not working

Yes, you need to look up which ports need to be forwarded for your dvr. Port 82 as you mentioned should be the http port but there should be at least one (or more) ports which will need to be forwarded. Check your dvr's network properties and all the ports that need to be forwarded should be there. Once you forward those ports from your router, you should be able to access your dvr from WAN (a source outside your local network).

you may be out of your routers DHCP range. get an ip from the router with DHCP to ensure you are on the same range as your router?