Larso

Problem connecting to qvis dvr with mobile network

Hi, I recently installed my qvis 8ch dvr. I have ports 80,37777,37778 forwarded on my router and I am using dyndns because my public ip is dynamic. I have iDMSS Plus on my iPhone. I can access my dvr when logged onto my local LAN or when logged onto a remote LAN, like in my job, but I can't access it when using the 3G network. I thought its a bandwidth issue but the strange thing is I can always access the Dahua demo system that's installed in my iDMSS app regardless of when I'm just on the mobile network or not... I'd have just thought it was a download speed issue except I can always access their demo? Can anyone help Please?

Thanks

L

I am using dyndns because my public ip is dynamic

hi. i would delete your dyndns account and get your system working first on its external ip then once up and running then switch over to a ddns service

Hi Tom,

I tried that and getting the exact same result. I can only connect to my system when I'm in a location with a WAN(like in my job). I can connect from my LAN at home fine as well. I'm guessing its something to do with my configuration(because I cant think of anything else!).

For my channel setup, I've setup Extra Stream1 as QCIF, 1 FPS, VBR, Quality =6, Custom Bitrate = 10. Ive also tried VBR with the same results.

Is there anything obvious in that that may be causing my problem?

Thanks

L

Hi, I recently installed my qvis 8ch dvr. I have ports 80,37777,37778 forwarded on my router

L

I had to open port 554 on my router in order to view my Qvis (Dahua) on the phone (blackberry).

...BTW I have had little success getting the cameras from the DVR over 3G AT&T (takes forever) even when using sub-stream. No problem seeing the cameras over a WIFI connection

Hi Tom, I've an iphone and I'm using iDMSS Plus. The iDMSS software allows me to configure a port so I've selected 37777.

Jxk, how did you figure out you needed to open that port 554, I've read the guide you've linked and followed it exactly(as far a s I know!). I saw no reference to port 554?

My setup is, home network router with 3G dongle using mobile network to connect my home network to the internet.

The strange thing is that I can connect using my iphone if I'm logged onto a LAN, which I do in work. This suggested to me that it may be a download speed issue, but then I can connect to the dahua demo(that came configured on the app) all the time.

Also, when I'm at home, logged onto my LAN, I believe I'm actually connecting to my DVR by accessing the internet and looping back in through the port 37777. The reason that I'm sure of this is because, the other day my 3G operator was having problems, so my hoem LAN was internally fine but couldnt access the internet from any device in the house. I then couldnt access my DVR while on the LAN until my external 3G network was restored!

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks!

hi. is your home network wireless and 3g or just 3g ????

you should be using two types of ip while at home it would be 192.168.x.x your LAN. but if your router is not wireless then you will have no LAN

the reason why you can connect to the demo and get a good speed is its on a network ..... you will see your system being slower over 3g your data may be limited

Jxk, how did you figure out you needed to open that port 554, I've read the guide you've linked and followed it exactly(as far a s I know!). I saw no reference to port 554?

Keep in mind this is for Blackberry: http://support.techprosecurity.com/attachments/token/qoufyniqitgywkq/?name=Blackberry_DVR_Viewer_Manual.pdf

The strange thing is that I can connect using my iphone if I'm logged onto a LAN, which I do in work. This suggested to me that it may be a download speed issue, but then I can connect to the dahua demo(that came configured on the app) all the time.

When you say "logged onto a LAN" do you mean logged onto a LAN with internet? Because the same applies to me. I can get the home cameras (QVIS DVR) over any internet connection using WIFI on the phone or computer. I don't think I have ever been able to get the cams over 3G.

Also, doubt this will help but try port 8080.

hi. is your home network wireless and 3g or just 3g ????

you should be using two types of ip while at home it would be 192.168.x.x your LAN. but if your router is not wireless then you will have no LAN

the reason why you can connect to the demo and get a good speed is its on a network ..... you will see your system being slower over 3g your data may be limited

Hi Tom, my home network is wireless and wired and has a 3G interface to connect to the internet.

My DVR is physically wired directly to my 3G router-cat5.

My 3G router uses a 3G dongle to connect to the internet.

I also have a wireless router on the ground floor in the house that is connected back to the 3G router also-cat5. This gives me wireless access in my downstairs.

Dont know if I'm explaining this very well but here goes....

When I'm at work with my iPhone, logged onto the LAN I can view my home cameras- this suggests to me that, although my home network uploads to the internet via a 3G interface, this isnt causing a bottlekneck on the uplink. If it was I would have difficulty viewing the cameras from my work LAN as the bottlekneck would be the lack of upload bandwith from my home 3G interface.

When I'm at work I can also view the Dahua demo system via my work LAN on my phone. I assume this is connected to a DSL line or whatever so no surprises there-good uplink from DVR and good downlink to work LAN.

When I'm out and about on my iPhone, with reasonable 3G coverage, I can view the Dahua demo system no problem. -This suggest that the 3G network connecting my iphone is providing adequate bandwith for me to download the remote video(from Dahua).

However, even though there is adequate bandwith to download the video from the Dahua DVR I cant view the video from my own DVR?

I think my earlier point established that the limiting factor isnt the upload bandwith from my DVR via the 3G interface to the internet as if it was I would never be able to view my cameras form anywhere?

Am I making sense to you guys? or am I missing something? It just doesnt make sense to me!!!

Thanks

When I'm at work with my iPhone, logged onto the LAN I can view my home cameras

hi from your work you are not on LAN you will be on WAN (your just connecting to your works network)

When I'm out and about on my iPhone, with reasonable 3G coverage, I can view the Dahua demo system no problem. -This suggest that the 3G network connecting my iphone is providing adequate bandwith for me to download the remote video(from Dahua).

3g to WAN (the demo site) will be good on mobile

you will have big bandwidth problems going 3g to 3g. (air to air internet)

you could to save some bandwidth switch off cameras to the network that you dont need to view from remote. with 3g viewing the less cameras the better