Sign in to follow this  
edzhinieks

How to connect CCTV (DVR) camera to PC ?

Hello,

I am quit new in CCTV world. I got my first CCTV camera kit which is called 'GET Professional Colour Twin CCTV Safety Camera System' link for details - http://www.brooklyntrading.co.uk/p-1981-get-professional-colour-twin-cctv-safety-camera-system.aspx

My question is - how could I connect that cameras to PC ? I know the fact all video files are recording in DVR and to view all recorded video files I have to use SCART cable via TV. Is there any chance to connect that two cameras to computer ( to see what's happening outside) and perhaps if it is possible save all video files to pc hard drive to watch later?

thanks indeed,

Ed

Hello,

I am quit new in CCTV world. I got my first CCTV camera kit which is called 'GET Professional Colour Twin CCTV Safety Camera System' link for details - http://www.brooklyntrading.co.uk/p-1981-get-professional-colour-twin-cctv-safety-camera-system.aspx

My question is - how could I connect that cameras to PC ? I know the fact all video files are recording in DVR and to view all recorded video files I have to use SCART cable via TV. Is there any chance to connect that two cameras to computer ( to see what's happening outside) and perhaps if it is possible save all video files to pc hard drive to watch later?

thanks indeed,

Ed

Doen't your DVR have a BNC composite o/p or VGA o/p?

Hi. Uk market is getting flooded with that system. Don't spend anymore money on it. .........you can only make footage if you connect to a old VCR or Disk recorder.

No Internet connection for you to get images onto a pc there are ways but your looking at a cost which is more than you paid for your system

right, I think this CCTV type camera's aren't suitable for my general idea... I wouldn't like to spend that much money only for transfer..

I might be barking up the wrong tree here but many computer tv tuner cards have an analogue input (composite and S video)

even some decent digital tv DVRs have this (limited to 576p though)