Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral
  1. I've did the tweaking and it still doesn't work as well as it could. I wouldn't buy another one, not for use with Asterisk anyway, but there's nothing comparable at that price. Working now for 3 months continuously. Well built.
  2. Sounds like what multicast flooding does to a non-multicast capable LAN. Typical symptom is that all the LEDs on your switches show lots of network activity and everything slows down. Worth checking anyway.
  3. Some info here: https://ofmarginalinterest.wordpress.com/2017/09/30/dahua-vto2000a-door-station/ YMMV
  4. Yes, but you will need to use the Axis Event handling API, Vapix, to do it. There is an example of something similar here.
  5. melocoton

    Need Help Please. CCTV Diagram

    Do it yourself with: https://www.lucidchart.com/ Easy and quick..
  6. Not much said to describe the problem, but I have found is that HDMI over long (>20m) distances is problematic, especially when its over CAT-5 adapters, even good-quality active ones. The problem isn't "static", its induced electrical interference from power wiring getting into the signal cables. Symptom is that the display briefly blanks when lights, motors etc switch on or off. The suggested solution is to use proper CAT-5 or 6, not the lossy copper-clad aluminum Chinese stuff, and to preferably use screened cable.
  7. Set up a debian machine in Virtualbox, and followed the instructions provided by Foxi352 to unpack-modify-repack the firmware to change the sounds. Only about 7 of the 30-odd sounds needed changing for doorphone use, so I generated tone files using Cool Edit at the same SR as the originals, and flashed the unit with the modified firmware.. Seemed to work OK but the unit was in a reboot loop cycling every 90 secs or so. Tried reflashing various firmwares, including the Czech version, they all worked, but the unit kept boot cycling. Initially suspected the extracted build file as it referenced two nonexistent image files: Upgrade : Complete Total 98%... UPGRADED_ERR: LINE: 1074: invalid file: gui-x.cramfs.img UPGRADED_MSG: extract gui-x.cramfs.img failed, skip... UPGRADED_ERR: LINE: 1074: invalid file: pcm-x.cramfs.img UPGRADED_MSG: extract pcm-x.cramfs.img failed, skip... [libdvr] idestatus =0 Upgrade : Complete Total 100%... UPGRADED_MSG: will reboot system [libdvr] sync.... Removed these references from the install file, but that wasn't the problem..... I had forgotten to do a full reset via telnet. After doing that, everything worked fine. So Foxi352s instructions worked perfectly, but its important to do the complete reset after flashing.
  8. A disadvantage I see with the Dahua http cgi implementation is that every command needs authentication, for example operating the door lock relay via, say a web browser is a 2-stage process requiring a username and password before execution. Same would go for displaying the door sensor state. This seems pretty standard for all Dahua cameras, and it means that i/o is not easily accessible for use in third-party apps, for example in Home Automation. If anyone can tell me differently, I would be glad to know how...
  9. I worked through most of the relevant info that has been posted here, (thanks, all) and will just add a few comments. First, the POE is Dahua passive config, not regular IEEE 802.3af poe, so I used a 12v psu instead. Flashed with the SIP firmware and set up as SIP client to use with an existing asterisk/ freepbx system. Got it working OK once the confusing menu was deciphered. Initially, the VTO2000 was flooding my LAN with multicast packets, I guess that how it works with its own indoor units, but that screwed up my network. Disabled that with: http://192.168.N.N/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Multicast.TS[0].Enable=false Nothing much to say about the video except that there isn't much choice with the parameters on either stream. I wanted to use this with my asterisk pbx and that's where I was a bit disappointed. The silly announcements are only heard on the doorphone, and the other end has no call progress info. I may replace the announcements with tones, (like a normal phone!) which removes the need for language files. Usually with doorphones, the call ends if the Door Open digits are entered, with audible feedback, but not here. The relay silently energizes and the call continues until a hard timeout (called Shout Time by Dahua) or until caller hangup. By ending the Door Open digits with a hash, eg 123#, the relay will operate immediately btw. So overall as a standalone doorphone its performance is only so-so, but it does the job at a fraction of the price of other units like this one: https://www.axis.com/ng/en/products/axis-a8004-ve Now, if only the firmware could be improved.....