Hi, I'm looking for some advice for a CCTV system for my house, following a break in last year.
My requirements are:
- 4 external cameras with IR (possibly potential to upgrade to 8 in the future)
- Digital recorder with 2-4TB HDD (needs to be able to record 2 weeks without overwriting)
- Motion detection (PIR detection preferable, but unlikely I think)
- FTP/Email send of Motion Alerts
- Android App with Alerts preferable
I have a budget of around £3-400, but there is so much of a price range of these, that I'm struggling to know which to go for.
I have read that Hikvision are one of the better brands to go for, rather than cheapy Amazon ones like Swann, but there are a lot of different Hikvision boxes, and I'm not sure which would be best for me.
I'm also a bit confused the difference between Hikvision NVR and DVR boxes, and POE and TVI Cameras. One Hikvision box I found with 4 cameras for my price range was the Hikvision DS-7208HQHI-F1/N.
Is PIR detection possible with these kits? I currently have a standalone Ethernet camera from Aldi (Firmware and Android App is awful), but one feature I like is the PIR detection, so it doesn't end up sending notifications for bushes moving in the wind etc. or Headlights creating moving shadows.