I'm new to this forum. I purchased Q-See QT 548 system with 8 cameras from Costco.
It was working fine till recently I noticed that the power adapter wire was crooked. I purchased new power adapter from Amazon. Upon plugging in the new adapter, my DVR stopped booting up. It was working before even with the crooked adapter but the new adapter messed up the DVR. The only thing is that the power fan turns on and the blue light in front of the DVR turns on. Other than that, nothing turns on and the display is blank too.
I tried following remedies but none worked:
1. Plugged in the original crooked power adapter. No Result.
2. Disconnected all cameras from DVR. No Result.
3. Disconnected HDD from the motherboard. No Result.
4. Installed another HDD to the DVR. No Result.
5. Removed and re-inserted CMOS battery from the motherboard. No Result.
Any clue what could've gone wrong?
What other options I have now?
I appreciate any feedback.
Thank you much.