simo923

64 Channel Geo System

As per my previous posts i am having to builda system that will take 64 x Video Inputs and 64 x xAudio Inputs.

I have been pointed towards the Geo range of products and would like any tips you guys can give.

I was thinking of building 4 rack mount PCs. Intel boards, Quad Core/HyperThread CPU's, 4Gb RAM, 8Tb Harddrive each with 16 channels. Do Geo do a card that can take 16 Video and 16 Audio? Pretty sure i've seen them and if so which is the best?

If the card will take 16 audio and 16 video, are the audio and video channels linked. i.e Video 1 and Audio1 are linked, Video 2 and Audio 2 are linked etc etc, meaning that if i want to hear Audio 1 i have to put up Video 1. I would like to have them independant.

Now, the operators will be using seperate workstations to access all 64 channels. Using the CMS software (is this correct?) will they see each individual server and have to select it or will they just see all 64 channels seamlessly. If they use the E-Map will they have to have 1 for each server or can it group them overall.

A lot of questions to ask, i know, sorry. I have a lot more but will go a bit at a time. Forking out the cash for the boards before i know what they can offer is a big issue. Getting the right GUI is important for the client.

Thanks guys, i'm sure you will be helpful as usual

Dear Simo 923,

Yes, we have 16 channels and 16 audios.

You can consider something like GV 1480 cards.

The audio and video can be worked separately or together.

>> Now, the operators will be using seperate workstations to access all 64 channels. Using the CMS software (is this correct?) will they see each individual server and have to select it or will they just see all 64 channels seamlessly. If they use the E-Map will they have to have 1 for each server or can it group them overall.

Yes, you will use something called CMS.. to view all 64 channels in one monitor. And yes, by using remote emap function access each DVR's map and view the cameras in live. Or you can group different DVRs' cameras into one map...

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 ext 287

Well that sounds like exactly what i need. Thanks

Now just the storage solution to work out. Each 16 channel machine having 8Tb drives and storaging individually or all machines pointing back to a network storage server.

Thanks for your help though Andy.

Well that sounds like exactly what i need. Thanks

Now just the storage solution to work out. Each 16 channel machine having 8Tb drives and storaging individually or all machines pointing back to a network storage server.

Thanks for your help though Andy.

Dear Simo923,

Starting with version 8.2, you can save each individual camera in different HDD.... however, before version 8.2 all the cameras will point back to a specific storage location.

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 ext 287

Funny you should mention this. I have just spotted it whilst looking up 8.2

What may be best then is to have the 8TB RAID for each server. 16 Channels just record to that 8Tb. What i do like is that you can specify how long you keep the data for.

Whilst the operators are monitoring the cameras from one of their workstations, can they playback anything from the 30 days over the 4 servers and archive it, i.e burn off to DVD or other network location?

Funny you should mention this. I have just spotted it whilst looking up 8.2

What may be best then is to have the 8TB RAID for each server. 16 Channels just record to that 8Tb. What i do like is that you can specify how long you keep the data for.

Whilst the operators are monitoring the cameras from one of their workstations, can they playback anything from the 30 days over the 4 servers and archive it, i.e burn off to DVD or other network location?

Yes, if your HDD is bigger enough to save the video files for 30 days.

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 ext 287