PMA

Ip, Analog, Webcams Software

OK, At my place, for test and fun I was using 2 machines.

1 computer for ip cameras and 1 with dvr card for analog cams.

I would like to integrate them all in one machine plus add some webcams that I have laying around, for fun also. Total maybe 7 Ip/analog/webcams. I can run them perfectly with Milestone having the analog going thought a Ip matrix but, theres always a but, can't get the webcams there...

Already tried a couple of software to test.

1. Active Webcam:

- Huge cpu monger

- Does not recognise the dvr bt878a card drivers, so have to use Ip matrix and get the analog cams into the soft thought an Ip adress

- Not user friendly, crashes, many individual settings for each camera wich are not centralized and can not be applied to all.

- Hard remote client setup

- Bad support, or not exists

2. WebcamXp:

. Better cpu usage

- Does not accept analog cams, so have to use Ip matrix and convert them to Ip

- Very few security options like motion pre trigger, delay, etc., archiving, changing paths for the cams and software

- Crazy motion detection algorithm, some cams are always detecting motion some never..... crazy

- Easy remote client setup thought H T T P, runs a local h t t p server (works fine)

What else may I try that incorporates Ip, analog (throught dvr card and not Ip matrix), webcams with moderate Cpu usage and good security options?

Thank you guys.

Was actually checking right now I-catcher.

Guess I have 3 to test ... thanks

After I tested the 3 ... I will write some comments about them... might help other members.

This is something I posted a long time ago geared towards DVR cards, perhaps I can add your review in there also, as times have changed since then and the software may have improved in the case of some that I linked to there, and ofcourse there are now other software available as mentioned

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2021