ive been told that my VCL ptz dome is up the coax only but i want to use my DVR PC to control it ... is this possible or is the only thing to use is the maxcom keyboard as a stand slone??

im getting closeer to the light in the tunnel, i think...

If the PTZ dome can controlled by Special Keyboard,I think it's not a good dome,in normal,all PTZ dome must support standard Pelco_P and Pelco_D protocol.

Kingwood, many of the best PTZ brands such as GE etc have their own protocols and require their own specific keyboards to work with them. Optionally one can however generally buy an adapter from them to use other controllers. I cannot speak for this VCL dome though as I know nothing of it.

ya this dome does support the pelco D and P and VCL protocal and also two more, but is there a way i can use my PC DVR card (which i can select which protocal) to function with my PTZ dome as Honeywell told me that it can only be used with the keyboard and by doing that it defets the whole object which im trying to do.

any ideas or are Honeywell right and i need a keyboard??

ron

But the fact that the unit only used up the coax means that the PC DVR card wont work?

Am I reading this correctly?

He's stating that he does not have a RS-485 +/- , that the Protocol for the P/T/Z functions are ran through the Coax?

IF I'm reading this right then you will need to find an adapter that will break off the P/T/Z signal out of the Coax line and have into a 2-wire type interface. Unless you can find a dvr (possibly pc based) that can control that type of data through the coax line.

Goodluck tho,

John

Yes but the PTZ does have the data +/- and i was trying to control the PTZ though that but after all my efforts ive found that this dome only uses 'up the coax' so and adaptor that takes the signal from the re232 through to the coax would solve the problem... Question is , does such an adaptor avalible?

ive tryed finding a DVR PC card that dcan use 'up the coax' but so far ive dran a blank as this method of controling PTZ seems to be old tech