CSCOUT2001

March Networks DVR

Anyone have experience in the field with this line of DVR's?

Looking for any information that you can provide... I know they have a couple embedded brands but I am needing general information and a site to look at prices.

Thanks

I hear they are excellent. A very popular and old local CCTV supplier replaced their high end Panasonic WJ-HD316 display model with a March Networks 4310 DVR, so they must be excellent.

March Networks wont just sell to anyone, you have to go through their CSP process including training, the DVR's are the best build quality around, the software is certainly up there as well.

They play in several large markets.

Our company purchases through Hamilton Safe in Ohio. We have sold these DVRs to several financial institutions in our area. They are built great rack mountable and the ones we have out there are all networked. The customer has had problems with other DVRs and they love this one. (We installed one of the 4000 series) The only oddity I have found is there is a provisioning interface to setup the IP which is kind of odd. It is a serial interface and you use Hyperterminal in windows to set it up. Its easy enough to use, I just found it odd with the level of technology that it is. The user and setup software is great, very detailed. The unit itself is tough as nails.

I am pretty sure it can be disabled or enabled, the smart thing to do is use a PC inside their network with Putty running on it, you then VPN in and it is secure...of course there are more complicated and more secure set ups, but this is a bare minimum