baaatc

averdigi 1304 md - lost event list

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie of 6 months ago to cctv so don't understand that much about it.

The setup I have is 3 cameras recording 24/7 using motion detection on a 250gb hd. The 1304 md has a 4,000+ event list that I've now worked out today will only last upto 3 days recording, there is no explanation anywhere about what happens once this list has reached it's limit. I'm assuming it will just start a new list again? do I lose the previous lists? or like the hd once it's reached 100% full it reformats itself again and it's all gone forever?

Anyway, the real problem seems to be that when I accessed the hard drive using usb processing this morning to get important images recorded on the drive, I don't have an event list to view the files. The hd is currently at 83% full and it has recorded constantly over the last 6 months, 250gb hd lasts 1 month using this md setting. I only checked it out when I first installed it and thought it was working continually with no problems!!

Unfortunately when I actually need the video, it's not possible because of the 'no event list'. I tried everything in the book(.pdf), there was "no data" to download when I tried the playback consule backup feature even though there is 190gb of recorded files.

So what I would like to know is, can I still download the files? Are they lost forever?

In desperation I pulled the power from the dvr and replugged it back in ...I now have an event list but it's only from when the unit was plugged back in! I've no idea if this is a glitch in the software or if it's anything to do with too many events using md in the course of 1 months/250gb recording.

Any ideas are most welcome.

Good Day

What firmware you running on the EB1304MD? Make sure you've got the latest firmware on the dvr. This may sort out your trouble.