mikeyd

AV Tech 782

Hi I have an AV Tech AV782 DVR on a pal system with two cameras. Can someone please tell me what the settings i need to do to get the best possible recordng.

Record IMG Size: Frame or CIF (What is the difference!)

Total IPS Share: Group or Fix (Can only select fix for CIF)

Any other settings i need to do, i have already disabled record for cameras 3 and 4.

Also can anyone point me in the right direction to download firmwares for this DVR? i am hoping a firmware update might allow the use of a 1GB memory stick.

Thanks for any help/advice

Mike

Hi I have an AV Tech AV782 DVR on a pal system with two cameras. Can someone please tell me what the settings i need to do to get the best possible recordng.

Any other settings i need to do, i have already disabled record for cameras 3 and 4.

Also can anyone point me in the right direction to download firmwares for this DVR? i am hoping a firmware update might allow the use of a 1GB memory stick.

Mike

Frame means it's 1~25 frames adjustable; CIF is the resolution of the device, it is 352*288(D1 is 704*576), it's just the resolution of the DVR.

You'd better to get some help from your supplier, I think.

Also, I'm sorry to say that you don't know enough information clearly from your supplier before you buy it(such as the resolution just mentioned, that's a very important feature of a DVR concerning both function & price).

Jasmine

jasmine@tmvideo.cn

www.tmvideo.cn

Mike

There is one setting that will make most difference, and that is quality, choose to record in best quality setting.

Choose Frame for larger pixel size recording, but you will get lower number of pictures per second

Choose CIF for small pixel size recording, you can get higher frame rates up to 25fps but picture will be smaller,

Mikey

I've got mine set on CIF normal. I record all four cameras on screen and it's fine. The resolution is a bit lower but still great pictures - and you get a lot longer recording time depending on how big your hard drive is. (mine is 200gb)

As for usb. I've found that some don't work and some do but the back up time is incredibly slow. Better to use a disk. You could change the cd writer for a dvd writer but that depends on how long the back ups you want are . . .

Bob