rory

Licence Plates

i have a client that wants to get licence plates from 2 lanes entering the property, it is just a warehouse. They cant spend the ExtremeCCTV prices which is around $4000 for the dual camera.

Anyway, was thinking of a Wide Dynamic Pano Day Night camera, anyone tried this yet? IM wondering if I add Infrared, would it pick up the licence plate or not?

The biggest problem is that to get a zzomed in view to see a plate you forgoe the rest of the scene, this means that a zoomed in cam to only see plates will never see the driver or surroundings, I know you do not like the Geo, but why not use a PTZ that suports alarm inputs, this means you can have a pre set, zoomed position that will egt plates and the camera will zoom in on this location for you every time your PE beam is activated.

PTZ = $$$

Plus, if you get 1000 cars a day, that PTZ motor probably wont last that long .

No they dont need to see anything else besides the Licence Plate, as the car park cameras will cover the other part of the cars.

I agree about the motors... but Lilin make a really cheap but good PTZ for under $1000 US!!!

If they dont need the scene then justya good wide dynamic like the Pana or the Ganz, something good I just saw for this is the inversion built into the Baxhual range, not bad cams either, just tested one, was true for TV lines, which is rare these days!