anchorjoe

Networking PC's with GV PC/DVR cards

Hey everyone,

I have a client that I am getting ready to setup a system for and need some guidance on capturing all the camera images on one display. Here are the system basics:

- Three buildings

- Each building will have an independent GV-800-8 PC/DVR card to control camera's per each building.

- Each PC will be connected via a wireless network to a central building.

What settings do I need to configure in the GeoVision software to enable the camera systems in the two remote builds to be visable with the third system with the central display? I have done a little research and I think the Control Center V2 option might work, but I honestly have never done a setup with this option and I'm not sure what will work best.

Anyone's expertise in this area would be greatly appreciated. Thx.

Dear anchorjoe,

Yes, CV2 is a good choise you got there....

But I am a little bit concerned about your wireless connection in each PC.

if there is weak or bad internet connection, it will also influence the network performance between CV2 and DVRs...

Here is the general procedure...

On the CV2 side....

You will need to open up the CV2 software... of course...

Then create a USERID/PWD.....

On the DVR side....

In the geovision software, click network icon >> connect to CenterV2..

Then you will type the IP address of CV2, USERID/PWD that you created inder CV2 user accounts, then click connect button...

If you are connecting DVR to CV2 from outside network...

make sure you have done the port-forwarding ....Ports 5545~5549

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 ext 287

www.geovision.com.tw

Andy,

Thanks for the insight. The wireless network is going to be setup by my computer guy that I contract to and he assures me that the connection will be at least 70% or better.

As for the CV2 vs. DVR, I assume you are referring to software that comes with the PC-DVR card and it is just a matter of loading the software to configure on each PC. Also, is the IP address of the CV2 for the PC that I wish to see all the camera on? I have never configured a system with this option so the more detail on setup I can get will be most helpful.

Thank you for the information you have provided..

CenterV2 will be OK for you if you just want to see whats going on at any particular moment. If however you want to interact with the systems, and playback footage etc. then I would recommend using Control Centre at the main location.

I think CenterV2 is a great application for a monitoring station, but for daily monitoring, I believe Control Center is the software you need.

OK, I am a bit confused. If I have this straight, I would load the CV2 at the remote monitoring PC's and Control Centre at the main monitoring PC, correct? In the event that I want to interact with all PC's/camera's, would I load Control Centre on all three PC's. Finally, are all these programs ones that come with the GeoVision PC/DVR cards?

Sorry for my confusion, I have just never done this type of configuration before and want to make sure I do it right the first time. Thanks again..

OK, I am a bit confused. If I have this straight, I would load the CV2 at the remote monitoring PC's and Control Centre at the main monitoring PC, correct? In the event that I want to interact with all PC's/camera's, would I load Control Centre on all three PC's. Finally, are all these programs ones that come with the GeoVision PC/DVR cards?

Sorry for my confusion, I have just never done this type of configuration before and want to make sure I do it right the first time. Thanks again..

You will need to load the Control Center in a remote PC... then all the DVRs will connect to the Control Center...

But remember, you need to turn on the Control Center service in each DVR....

CenterV2 software is free.... under GeoVision installation CD

Control Center is not free.... need an USB dongle... under CMS CD...

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 ext 287

Thanks Andy.

I am assuming the paths you provided are from the GeoVision website? right? So, I should be able to install Control Center into all three PC's, direct the connections from the main display PC to connect to the other two and it should work right? My appologizes for all the questions, it is just that this client is so far away that I want to make sure I have the process down on this before I drive all the way out there on Sunday and work on setting it all up... It would be nice if the Control center program came with the install disk for the GV card. Oh well, I guess I could download it if needed. Thanks again for the guidance...

Thanks Andy.

I am assuming the paths you provided are from the GeoVision website? right? So, I should be able to install Control Center into all three PC's, direct the connections from the main display PC to connect to the other two and it should work right? My appologizes for all the questions, it is just that this client is so far away that I want to make sure I have the process down on this before I drive all the way out there on Sunday and work on setting it all up... It would be nice if the Control center program came with the install disk for the GV card. Oh well, I guess I could download it if needed. Thanks again for the guidance...

Dear Anchorjoe....

You would ONLY INSTALL Control Center software in a remote PC...

THOSE DVRS WILL NOT NEED TO INSTALL Control Center Application..

In each DVR, you click Network icon >> Control Center Server..

All you need to do is to turn on the control center service on the DVR side..

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 ext 287