d_guth

AVC 760 power

Hi guys,

Looking for a power supply board for the 760 from AVTECH. Part number from the board is AVTECH 760P V05A. It got fried from a cooling fan that wanted too much current, now L3 gets hot and the DVR just beeps.

Any ideas or parts for me much appreciated...

Where did you buy the DVR?

ONLINE, or at a storefront??

Can you go back to the distributor, and have them order one for you?

Hi Scorpion,

Nope....this one was already fixed once...I updated the firmware and it went bad....seller got factory to send a new main board...all was well until I decided to add the fan.

Now the machine just beeps and L3 on the power board gets quite hot...did manage to find another seller who can get me the power board....seems my orginal sellers email is broke.

You know what the say...talk is cheap !

I'll let you guys know how I make out with this beast...seems to be poorly engineered though as the power board went down in a flash even though the board has a fan connector and the case had a spot too.

Thanks ....Dave G

If you are buying a DVR based on the level of engineering then you are buying the wrong DVR!!

The engineering level for this DVR is actually a reverse engineer. To keep a DVR within a cheap price range how can we engineer it to meet this goal?

How thick is the PC laminate? How thick is the metal on the lands? What kind of bnc/rca connectors, and what are their quality ratings? What is the quality rating of the connection at the PC board?

How fast is the video processor?

How cheap can you make the video server?

I think you should switch to another DVR perhaps from ICRealtime, or perhaps from GE.

I think you should switch to a 4 channel DVR that is in the $1000.00 price range.

What do you think?

Hey....I did not say I was buying based on the engineering level !

I did however indicate that a small (40mm) fan drawing only a few ma should not toast the power supply. This is based on my experience as a military electronics technician for the past 19/20 years.

I think the wife’s vibrator can do better than that

There are better machines out I agree, but none for this average value as you indicated.

Wondering if there are any dealers out there who can supply parts for these machines ? Drop a line guys if you have any old/new parts please.

Thanks in advance...

Hey....I did not say I was buying based on the engineering level !

I did however indicate that a small (40mm) fan drawing only a few ma should not toast the power supply. This is based on my experience as a military electronics technician for the past 19/20 years.

I think the wife’s vibrator can do better than that

There are better machines out I agree, but none for this average value as you indicated.

Wondering if there are any dealers out there who can supply parts for these machines ? Drop a line guys if you have any old/new parts please.

Thanks in advance...

My Avtech 782 might have the same power board. It converts 19V from the power pack to the 3.3/5/12 etc. I replaced the small fan with a 4" blower and all has been well for months despite the increased load. Can you not identify and replace the blown semiconductor(s)? It certainly should have been designed well enough to protect itself in event of a simple current overload.

Hey thanks for reply....if I had the time I could thevenize the cct but most of the time it is more than it's worth because the individual parts can be hard to get.

Most of the time a known semiconductor will become obsolete in as little as a few years.

Maybe I'm just spoiled with the Mil spec gear

Yes you are correct Kiwi...it takes 19Vdc in and provides 5/12Vdc for the HD and 3.3/5/12 Vdc to the board.

Dave