Sign in to follow this  
synci

4x 3MP IPCAM WLAN

Hi,

my costumer have a shop, he wants 4x 3MP IPCAM, they sould connect wireless too an router and in this router he would connect his laptop to record, look etc.

3MP IPCAM

3MP IPCAM

3MP IPCAM

3MP IPCAM

---> WIRELESS --->

Wlan Router ?

--->

Laptop (Geovision Main System, IP-Dongle)

Can anyone give me good products like wlanrouter, wireless converter for the IPCAMS ?

How much is the traffic from one 3MP IPCAM ?

Thanks a lot

Greetings

Why do you want to run wireless?

For a Arecont 3100 at 10 FPS, Medium Compression, Medium Scene Activity your talking 19 Mbps per camera. And if you want to record 4 of those cameras for 30 days you'll need at least 12 TB of storage.

Unless you do a commercial grade wireless setup it's not going to be efficent.

And you don't need "wireless converters" they're all ready ethernet. Just plug 'em into a access point.

Anyways, a commercial wireless setup is going to run you around $2,000, so it may be cheaper to just run the wires.

The clients laptop can always be wireless if he's using it as a client.

Good Luck.

Hi securitysys,

thanks for fast answer, yes i know its very hard but there is only one way to setup cameras, --> wireless ipcams :/

I dont realy know which equipment i should use. one access point per camera and on master wlan router in this connects the cameras ? I dont know.

The costumer wants to hang up there for 1day then he take his cameras, laptop ... and then he goes to the next shop.

Thanks